Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
(04-12-2021 06:25 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Due process is different than innocent until proven guilty which doesn't mean anything in a contract dispute. Uc surely had to give due process in the investigation which may end up part of the contract dispute but people conflate a lot of American legal concepts where they don't belong.

random side note i just listened to a UC podcast with a bunch of UC insiders.. They noted it was about recruiting and the coaching stuff on social, thats why i listened, but they brushed on this convo...

seeing how it was a UC podcast I expected them to have your opinion, which is more UC biased. "UC did it the right way" "UC has a strong case" "Brannen may have put the kids in abusive environment"....I was wrong, ALL of them had my side, that all of this is wrong..
unlike what you are saying, brendel (who was a guest) says all the stuff from the athletic article were anonymously leaked from within the UC program.. not the players..

all of them think the whole practice thing sets a horrible precedent that either puts the new coach in a bad spot (that he cant have legtimate practices) or where the players are given a license to transfer or complain to the AD after they have hard practices.. one host notes that maybe clearing house and not trying to get the old players back might help.. brendel interjects that neither eason or saunders went behind brannens back, both had a heart to heart with brannen and both sides just decided it was best to move on.. had nothing to do with hard practices

also that the AD was looking for a reason to get rid of brannen for a while. that theyve heard rumors that UC had been reaching out to major head coaches to feel their interest for months now.. including martin which they think shows the true nature of this, as martin has similar abuse claims floating around.

ps they think Brannen has a great case for getting a large buyout if not all .. say all of this looks bad on the AD, Dont like how this is being done. success of new coach will define him..

the whole podcast was surprising ... glad to see some in UC media not having a narrow view on this

as far as coaching search-- they dont think Archie wants to deal with UC's issues ..it's martin or gates .. they think martin is the favorite but a crazy risk.. brendel thinks gates is the best realistic option (his opinion).. a name in the search that no one is talking about that Brendel absolutely loves is Jon Scheyer (Duke associate HC), elite recruiter been at duke for 8 years. he doesnt think itll happen but notes they've had some sorta of contact, but unsure the interest..
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021 10:32 PM by pesik.)
04-12-2021 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways? - pesik - 04-12-2021 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.