Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
(04-10-2021 11:01 AM)pesik Wrote:  how could they negotatiote.... the lawyer has said cunnignham refused to talk to them at all...that the majority of the investigation didnt even include interviewing them, which he said was strange

if UC could have given him a fair offer, they would have done that from the start... this whole thing was a play by UC to underpay.. negotiating in private was never the move
You're putting a lot of faith in what a plaintiff's attorney is saying to try to sell his client. Cunningham's release indicates they talked to Brannen. Maybe it didn't go how Brannen wanted. Mars does say UC offered a 7 figure settlement so there clearly has been some communication. UC just isn't being public about it.

(04-10-2021 11:01 AM)pesik Wrote:  and i think its the opposite.. i think they have a great case.. and are just making sure they have a case in the court of public opinion... the lawyer with a big reputation is very loudly and publicly tieing him same to someone accused of potential abuse .. you dont do that unless you think you are going to win, and want the win to be tied to your name .. he could have released all this stuff "anomalously "

I guess we'll see. From an attorney's perspective I think the way Mars has handled it shows weakness. I could be wrong. Bottom line is we don't have all the facts. UC is playing it close. So we have Mars' spin. Trust me...a plaintiff's attorney selling his client to the public isn't exactly reliable.
04-10-2021 12:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways? - bearcatmark - 04-10-2021 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.