UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Widespread Power Outages in Texas as Renewable Energy FAILS
(02-21-2021 02:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 02:26 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 10:39 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-21-2021 10:14 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(02-19-2021 08:09 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  More wind than any other state.
More wind coming out of the Republicans in deregulating everything, and take Texas off the natioinal grid. The power in Texas came from coal and natural gas. The gas lines froze that caused the outage.

You need to brush up on your history regarding ERCOT.

Renewables are great. I fully support wind--was a customer of Green Mountain when I was on ERCOT--and I have solar panels on my house now. So I put my money where my mouth is as far as supporting them. But I also recognize that they have limitations, and their biggest limitation is that they cannot be relied upon for firm energy. That was a problem here and that forced a bigger burden onto gas and coal than they were equipped to handle on short notice.

Correct. Early on, wind generation dropped to about 8% of its previous day's output. And with the feds dragging their feet, they couldnt get other forms of generation ramped up in order to prevent them from freezing up. (And the natural gas is a different animal altogether as you pointed out, where they need to get better storage facilities in TX so that they can handle a few days if the NG fields freeze up. )

To me, its comical that CA, MI, and other libturd governors can strip basic rights from citizens because of a pandemic, and after nearly a year of where those restrictions have been proven ineffective and bogus, they are still allowed to keep restrictions in place. Yet, when an approaching storm has its forecast changed to a once in a
century type of temps which will cause catastrophic demand to hit the grid in 24 hours, a state like TX cant simply take action and ramp up the generators to keep people from dying. They have to wait until Biden is done playing Mario Kart, then for him to have a legal team draft the green new texas deal in to a multi-page regulation document, then it gets approved by the feds late in the night and they send it back to Texas, then a Texas legal team has to decipher the damned document to understand what they can do and when. That is stupid and irresponsible. And this is what you get when you have federal bureaucrats in the way.

Do any of you think Donald Trump would have let bureaucrats get in the way? At least if he knew they were in the way?

The dc roadways would have been littered with the bodies of those butthurt elitists who dared to try to get in Trumps way of getting this done. Of course, someone like IUD Vindman would have listened in on a call, completely lie about it, then try to get Trump impeached over it.
02-21-2021 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Widespread Power Outages in Texas as Renewable Energy FAILS - UofMstateU - 02-21-2021 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.