Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ******
(12-27-2020 03:32 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-27-2020 03:14 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  
(12-27-2020 02:01 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-27-2020 12:42 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(12-27-2020 12:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I doubt we see any bump. They didn’t kill us when UConn left—so we were treated pretty fairly given we are delivering less inventory than we originally contracted for and no longer have any connection to the biggest TV market in the country (New York). We’ll almost certainly stay at 7 million each per year. If there was one concession I could get from ESPN, it would not be a slight bump in money—it would be a shortening the term of the deal to 6 to 8 years (currently a 12 year deal). 04-cheers

I agree, except we are delivering on most of the inventory, the loss of NY and to a small extent WBB hurt. I am also of the opinion that we will not see a bump, nor do I think a cut is likely, or that ESPN wouldn't return the UConn portion for a solid add. I was just trying to point out what would allow ESPN to truly put their thumb on the scale. If they want to add a couple million or more the conference is going to be willing to overlook lots of issues. If they paycut the conference is going to find a lot of problems with the add.

I agree that we should try and shorten the deal even down to ten years makes it better to me. But eight seems about perfect for stability. I doubt that would be the case. I think regardless of who we add the only major changes to the TV deal will be if we go out and add three ti football for fourteen and a basketball school or something akin to that where we add multiple schools. One subtraction didn't cost us anything, one add won't and in fairness (depending on who of course, USC is worth a lot lol) shouldn't add.

To me, the replacement of UConn is much more about the next deal than this one. For me--as of this minute---the best replacement we could realistically land appears to be Boise for "football only" and VCU for olympic sports.

Lets be honest---that creates a bunch of very interesting games on the AAC football and basketball schedule and thats what its really all about. Houston-Boise, Navy-Boise, Memphis-Boise, UCF-Boise, Cinci-Boise.....those will be very attractive TV games. We are talking about roughly 3 or 4 high quality "super-tier one" games like that a year added to the AAC schedule. Thats 33 to 44 times these games will have been on probably ABC or ESPN. Some of those games would have likely been classic memorable games and some bad blood likely pops up around the league due to these games among some groups of fans.....Thats how you build real media value or our next deal.

The big question mark would be if the AAC added Boise football only for now, with the final objective of adding SDSU and BYU for all sports in future. If that’s the case adding a VCU for Olympic sports doesn’t happen.
So what’s more valuable long term
14 all sport league with BYU, Boise and SDSU or
A 12 team league with Boise/ VCU as the 12

I just dont think anyone wants to send volleyball from San Diego to Philly. I think those western teams are going to be "football only" members. That said--the conference we all agreed to join in fall of 2011 was expected to have 18 olympic sports members. Frankly, if we add quality members like VCU---the more the better. There is no down side. For now---we are at 11 football and 11 basketball. Getting to 12-12 with Boise and VCU seems like a solid improvement in overall quality and value for the two major AAC revenue sports.

No one would have to send their Olympic sports from Boise to Philly in an all sports 14 team conference. Football and Men’s basketball could. The others you separate East/West
East
Temple, ECU,UCF, USF, UC, Memphis,Tulane
West
SDSU,BYU,Boise,Tulsa,SMU,Houston, Navy/Wichita State.

The move all depends on BYU making that move and for now it appears they won’t, but more money and a P6 could move that needle.

This is why if we add Boise I would see it as FB only with the stipulation of all sports if/when BYU joins in. In this picture there is no room for VCU unless we are going to ask Boise,SDSU to park their non football elsewhere.

Basketball wise I would say adding BYU,SDSU and Boise strengthens the league more than adding VCU
12-27-2020 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ****** THE ULTIMATE OFFICIAL BOISE MEGA THREAD TO END ALL THREADS ****** - Cubanbull1 - 12-27-2020 04:48 PM
~ - jedclampett - 01-08-2021, 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.