Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should UC & BYU schedule a December game to boost winner's resume if both undefeated?
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Should UC & BYU schedule a December game to boost winner's resume if both unde...
(11-24-2020 12:40 AM)sierrajip Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 07:59 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 07:57 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 07:55 PM)Nameless Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 07:51 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  Who does it benefit?

If Cincy is still outside the CFP top 4 I don't exactly see how it hurts them, even if they were to lose. It's not like BYU belongs to a conference and can steal the access bowl slot, and I don't think a loss to an undefeated top 10 team would drop Cincy behind Marshall or Coastal or whomever winds up in the running

But if that top 4 is set do you really think a UC win over BYU would matter. (It wouldn’t)

Either play them in the regular season and give yourself a shot at making the playoffs or play them in a NY6 bowl. What would you rather have?

I look at UC's schedule vs BYU. UC has a path, although non-existent, compared to BYU,s non-existent unless they play UC. I say no.

I think UC’s path requires some help, but it’s far from nonexistent.

Obviously they have to win out.

1. Alabama wins out. This results in Florida being knocked out w/2 losses
2. Notre Dame loses prior to CCG, or they beat Clemson resulting in either ND or Clemson being knocked out w/2 losses
3. B10 champ wins out resulting in at least 1 loss for all other B10 teams

The above would give them a legitimate shot at the 4th seed. Just to be certain they could use the following as well.

4. Texas A&M loses to Auburn
5. Pac12 champ has 1 loss

That’s much more than a nonexistent path IMO.
11-24-2020 04:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should UC & BYU schedule a December game to boost winner's resume if both unde... - C1ncy4Life - 11-24-2020 04:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.