App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS
Bookmark and Share
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS
(09-21-2020 12:45 PM)SBEagle Wrote:  
(09-21-2020 07:22 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(09-21-2020 06:32 AM)SBEagle Wrote:  Way too early and Marshall is legit.

Does it irritate app fans that Drink used what Satterfield built to land an SEC job? That’s probably just my bias against Drinkowitz. For some reason I do not like him but always liked Satterfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It bothers me a little that Drink used everything that Satt built up for six years as a head coach to land a higher paying job after one year as head coach. I don't fault Drinkwitz for leaving for that kind of money*. I mean, I'm self aware enough to know an SEC school with a 70,000 seat stadium is a good career move. It just confuses me how the market vauled Drinkwitz over Satterfield; Drinkwitz makes more than Satt.

*I do, however, fault him for comments like, "This is not a stepping stone job," and, "I coached in the Sun Belt, brother," in answering a question about playing in front of near-empty stadiums.

It remains to be seen which one will do better at the P5 level, and which one should have gotten more money. I wish both of them success, but I believe in Satt more. He proved more over a longer period of time with his own built-up roster and in one year turned a two-win Louisville team with a toxic locker room/culture into an right-wing team with a sense of brotherhood. I couldn't be more proud of Appalachian's "native son."

That’s pretty much my thoughts. Don’t blame Drink for jumping at the opportunity but like you I value Satterfield more. I guess it has to do with timing as to how he landed a higher paying job.

I just never could stand Drink and he never said or did anything that offended me. I know my opinion is immature but It irritates me that he is making more than Satterfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus he had the perfect example of a punchable face.
09-21-2020 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS - SBEagle - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS - SBEagle - 09-20-2020, 06:49 PM
App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS - SBEagle - 09-21-2020, 06:32 AM
App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS - SBEagle - 09-21-2020, 12:45 PM
RE: App v Marshall Saturday 3:30 CBS - eaglewraith - 09-21-2020 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.