Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky?
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky?
(08-31-2020 08:58 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(08-29-2020 12:46 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 03:47 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 11:59 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 11:09 AM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  Opinion. Not fact.

You didn't make it about the conference, you specifically said playing in a league with Tarleton would be a "huge downgrade". I disagree, and there are facts to support it. Never forget where you came from, bobbie cat.

I literally said "the WAC would be" a downgrade. You even bolded it. It just so happens yall are now in that league, but my bad for singling yall out. I do want yall to do good, yall are practically my family school.

What facts do you have? Conference RPIs?

we wouldnt want to give up being conferencemates with Louisiana, Arkansas St, GSU, APP, GS, Troy, USA, and Coastal for Tarleton.

Yes, you are correct, I bolded the wrong offensive remark. None of those schools, outside of App State, Troy and maybe Ark St, really offer anything worth travelling halfway across the country for. Tarleton is right in TXST's backyard, and would put butts in seats.

Again apologies for the remark. I should've just said WAC instead of singling y'all out. But yeah, looking at the attendance from our 2011 season we had 15k for our game against y'all which was good, but we also averaged about 15k that whole season.

What do you mean that those schools don't have anything worth travelling halfway across the country for?

Fair enough, apology accepted.

My point is having a regional opponent, or possibly even a conference mate, like Tarleton to schedule games with ain't such a bad thing. Head to head, I'd take Tarleton over half the teams in the SBC today, as-is.

And it wasn't that long ago TXST/SWTXST stood at the same crossroad that Tarleton is at today, with the exception that Tarleton is basically trying to leapfrog a miserable FCS conference marriage.

https://txstatebobcats.com/sports/2011/1...0105111351

I think TXST absolutely has to consider a WAC reunion if the WAC can build a Texas vs. the Western U.S. conference, which it almost certainly has to do to get get where it wants to go.

Sure another regional opponent would be nice but we have plenty already. I'm sure we will schedule y'all in something soon, assuming sports get played.

We're fine on our "island" in the Sun Belt. I used to want to be in CUSA to be with their 4 Texas teams but now with our almost annual series vs UTSA, the Sun Belt becoming a better football conference, pretty even in basketball with us being one spot higher in conference NET ranking, and our superior TV deal I'm good with being in the Sun Belt. It would be nice to get a series with UNT or UTEP though. I get the impression from our board that a lot of TXST fans feel similarly.

WAC makes no sense for us. If half the conference is in TX and the rest is spread out over the western half of the country that sounds like a pretty raw deal for those western schools. Why would they be okay with that? Why would those Texas schools want that?
09-01-2020 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky? - Bobcat2013 - 09-01-2020 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.