Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Athletics Presentation
Bookmark and Share
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
RE: New Athletics Presentation
(08-08-2020 02:07 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(08-08-2020 09:45 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  One thing is clear from the images in the presentation, we lack unified style and font on our uniforms.

Tarleton the institution historically liked a Serif font with the block T, but there is no consistency through athletics.

I concur, and personally feel institutional and athletics branding should be seamless. I like the look of "Tarleton" in all caps, with a slantish font as we see with WT. The block "T" looks dated.

https://gobuffsgo.com/

https://www.wtamu.edu/

Tarleton has always struggled with branding and self-promotion. Especially in the social media arena.
On the surface, I don't think Block T is bad if you want to connect it to our past. I don't like the lack of standards between the Block Ts. Some have a fat base, others are narrow. Some seemed stretched and others squashed.

A&M makes use of the their flat aTm, there is a diamond SMU, the flying TCU, interlocking UT and the flat Double T that all connect back to the past.

Tarleton has made decisions in the past to change its brand from time to time. The D1 page made reference to WJ Wisdom picking Plowboys to get away from the Jr. Aggie name.

In 1961, we retired the Plowboy name for Texans (over other names like Rockets) to give a more modern brand.

When I arrived at Tarleton, the sTu logo and the Texan Rider were common. By the mid-2000s, there seemed to be a push to distance Tarleton from its rural/cowboy image. The bevel Block T was more pervasive.

Recently the horse and rider was modernized and called a "spirit mark". It faces right (ever forward) rather than left (looking back).

Like you I expect to see something similar to WT.Based on the language they are using, "Here comes the Texans", we are looking to the future. I expect to see something Modern and slanted to the right to push the up and coming message.

If you want to see Tarletons official branding guide-
https://www.tarleton.edu/marketing/branding/index.html
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2020 03:56 PM by chrisattsu.)
08-08-2020 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Athletics Presentation - TexanFan - 08-07-2020, 10:38 AM
New Athletics Presentation - chrisattsu - 08-08-2020, 09:45 AM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - TexanFan - 08-08-2020, 10:56 AM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - Vulpes88 - 08-08-2020, 01:04 PM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - Texas48 - 08-27-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - Vulpes88 - 08-08-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - chrisattsu - 08-08-2020 03:55 PM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - TexanFan - 08-10-2020, 07:06 AM
New Athletics Presentation - chrisattsu - 08-15-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: New Athletics Presentation - Vulpes88 - 08-27-2020, 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.