Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Athletic Department COVID-19 Hit List: Growing Longer
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Athletic Department COVID-19 Hit List: Growing Longer
(07-09-2020 03:08 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(07-09-2020 02:38 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Well, it's the largest source of outside revenue for an institution...while it may not directly fund athletics, it allows institutions to reallocate other sources of revenue that were otherwise centralized to ensure the financial solvency of the institution itself...not saying it would have a significant impact at some institutions, but at others may see certain fee structures that were adjusted to ensure support of primary functions moved back to other non-essential areas.

Plus, if the overall financial health of an institution has a better outlook, it would allow for a nasty financial burden to survive with less need for significant cuts. As someone who works in the academic arm of an institution in Ohio, I would hope that athletics takes the first and largest hit at any school, but a 15% decrease in expected revenue losses at a University would allow for cuts across the board to not be as deep.

03-lmfao I thought you were talking about supplemental security income. Carry on...

No worries, I need to remember to go with long-form on the Higher Education acronyms on here sometimes haha.

For those unaware, SSI in my context means State Share of Instruction...in other words, the per-head disbursement the state gives each University.

07-09-2020 09:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Athletic Department COVID-19 Hit List: Growing Longer - BearcatMan - 07-09-2020 09:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.