Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fourth pro football league at risk of folding in the last year
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
RE: Fourth pro football league at risk of folding in the last year
(05-14-2020 10:04 AM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 06:26 PM)johnintx Wrote:  County lines. Ontario is in San Bernardino County, so it's part of the Inland Empire MSA. Orange County is in the Los Angeles MSA, so San Clemente is in it. County lines work in most places for these things, but not necessarily in this case.

I've been to Lancaster and Palmdale. They're in Los Angeles County, but you'd never know it by being there. They're a world away from Los Angeles.

And, yes, the Inland Empire has the population base for a pro sports franchise. I'm not sure if there is enough of a corporate base or a willing owner. And, is there the ability to build a stadium/large arena and pay territorial rights for part of the LA market?

Southern California is sprawling.

I think we have enough professional teams in Southern California. I like the fact that we have three minor league baseball teams in the Inland Empire. If you don't want to drive to LA to watch the Dodgers or Anaheim to watch the Angels, there are minor league teams in Rancho Cucamonga, Lake Elsinore and San Bernardino. There is also an NBA G League team in Ontario, minor league hockey in Ontario and two D1 schools in Riverside. With the pro teams so close, you just don't need an NHL or NBA team out here. NFL would definitely never happen in this area and with MLB in Los Angeles, Anaheim, and San Diego, it is not needed.

I live in the Inland Empire about 50 miles from downtown LA. The Inland Empire is sprawling. There is home building all over the place. There was a golf course about three miles from my home that was recently closed down. They are going to build 650 homes on it. There are still another five golf courses within six miles of my home. There is a lot of land to build on in the area.

The Census Bureau also defines a wider commercial region based on commuting patterns. The Greater Los Angeles Area is considered a megapolitan area consisting of three metropolitan areas. This includes the three additional counties of Ventura, Riverside, and San Bernardino. I think that is the way it is seen out here. The county lines don't mean much.

I think California should create an 11th Southern California county for the Desert out of East Riverside and East San Bernardino. The Eastern part of those counties have nothing in common with the out Los Angeles metro exurbs. I'm not exactly sure where you'd draw the line, but certain Joshua Tree would be in the desert county.
05-14-2020 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fourth pro football league at risk of folding in the last year - Stugray2 - 05-14-2020 03:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.