ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
(08-04-2020 03:38 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 03:00 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 02:51 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  What if there isn't? (And at this point, I really don't see that there will be.)

Chicken Little didn't make up the story about something (was it an acorn?) falling from the sky and hitting her on the head. Her problem was in her overreaction to that event.

We are at some level of risk every day of our lives. Some we can mitigate by reasonable adjustments to our behavior. Others we just need to learn to accept, at least if we are going to go about our lives in any manner other than a self-imposed cocoon.

I've had more than enough of this government overreach when it comes to the WuFlu. If it were just me, you could laugh it off. I am meaningless. But I have a suspicion that it is not just me. It is a significant portion of the American population, some of whom may be nutjobs but some of whom are not.

So what do you intend to do? In the Richard Scarry story, Chicken Little caused a lot of turmoil and aggravation, but ultimately did no harm to anyone but herself. If that is all you were asking for, I'd sit back and say have at it. But you want more. You want the gov't to step in and force others to behave as if the sky is falling. That crosses a line. That is authoritarian behavior.

And unless you believe that a vaccine or effective treatment is right around the corner, it is a recipe for a lot more harm than the virus will do.

You're not the only one. I'm saddened by the desire of so many to force behaviors upon others through government mandate (not even voted on my our representatives).

Worse, though, is no one is willing to tell us where it ends. 15 days to flatten the curve has become 150. And, yet, we don't seem to be any closer to resuming life than we were on March 13th. What's the end game? At what point, can we resume normal life?

Let's protect the vulnerable populations. Let's let everyone else decide how they want to handle their individual risk assessment. We can't go on like this forever. We can't even go on like this until there is a vaccine.

Man oh man.

So this is not government overreach. I quoted a Supreme Court Justice on this just a few posts ago.

"We're at risk everyday and other logical fallacies" by AM

Chicken Little was not written by Richard Scarry, he may have made a version of it that you remember. IDK.

More harm will be caused than the virus can cause. bull****. If we had treated it seriously from the get go our economy would be much more on track and more things would be open now. But nooooooooo, we're not doing that. You can't tell us. Congrats more deaths, worse economy.

Protect the vulnerable populations Coach? By that do you mean just the nursing homes or do you have a plan for the 50 year old diabetic, asthmatic, overweight, slightly learning disabled grocery store bagger?

And when will it end?????? NOT WHEN THERE'S OVER 50k NEW CASES AND 1,000 NEW DEATHS EVERYDAY. Trump, Fauci, all the Governors, Mayors, Congressional Representatives (both State and Federal) could come out tomorrow and say "It's Over!!! We did it!!! Go back to your normal lives!!!" And they could not make it so. So I really don't understand this fixation on government.

The Supreme Court quote assumes I pose a risk. How do you define me, a person who does not have COVID, and does not put himself in high risk situations as a risk? This is where the paradigm has been turned on its head. We have never quarantined healthy people before. You need to provide evidence that I, specifically, am a risk before taking my rights away to protect society at large.
08-05-2020 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here? - Monarchblue - 08-05-2020 09:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.