ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
(05-07-2020 01:34 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 01:07 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  The entire idea of his powers in this is that they are temporary and there's zero reason to believe it won't be.

What gives you comfort that this is so? I'm serious in this question.

What I see is a politically humiliated governor who is desperate to win favor, howsoever he can, from a narrative-driven media - - one that is making money off of fanning the flames to a "crisis".

His executive orders, when compared to those of other comparatively situated states, have leaned well to the authoritarian side. He is mostly mute in his public recognition of the damage that is being inflicted upon our businesses and the harm being done to our children who have been deprived of a year of actual schooling.

I share your scorn of those who accuse our leaders of WANTING harm to our citizens. But I for one see very little indication of a balanced approach on the part of Gov. Northam.

I would say VA is on the looser side. Nonessential businesses have had the option to stay open the entire time with exception of entertainment and salons. The beaches have never closed. Everything is pretty much a suggestion without any enforcement. I think you just don't like him, I don't really like him either. It just doesn't make sense to me to wait until we reach the peak of new cases and THEN reopen. WTF was all this for then? If we can't bring the number of infections down to a controllable level then why did we shut down in the first place? He's laid out a plan to reopen, if he moves the goalposts on that then let me know.
05-07-2020 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here? - mturn017 - 05-07-2020 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.