ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
BigBlueMonarch Online
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here?
(04-08-2020 01:42 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  FWIW, I do think if the bureaucracies hadn't screwed up testing, we probably would not have had the need for the lock downs we have had. But, of course, with the power hungry government officials, I'm guessing we probably would have had some anyway.

(04-08-2020 01:32 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  By that time we would be more prepared. We would not have medical shortages. We might have a vaccine. Better treatment options may be discovered.

What if we don't have vaccines or better treatment? Then what? We just stay locked down until the government tells us they have approved a vaccine for us, and they give us a number to line up and get the vaccine?

I know many disagree with me, and I'm ok with that, but to me, our response to this virus poses a far greater threat to me than the virus itself. The speed at which so many are willing to just let the government strip us of our rights in the name of "keeping us safe" blows my mind. I really wonder if some would be totally ok with it, if the government just locked us in our homes, dropped food off at our doors, and told us they'll let us know when it's safe to go out to play again.

The issue with that logic is that it assumes your individual rights are more important that the rights of your neighbors or other members of your community. We are all inconvenienced and unhappy, but what makes you, or me for that matter, more important that someone else. If we all just did what we wanted govt be damned, it would be a lawless mess out there. I get the individual rights and states rights history of our country, but we only yell when it is our rights that get trampled...the heck if someone else rights get trampled. It is the same issue with arguments for or against abortion or the gun rights argument. Don't take my gun, but if you want to outlaw abortion, that's ok. Or the other way around don't take my abortion right, but I will take your gun. Who's rights are more important? By the way, I remain neutral on the abortion and gun rights debate I am not advocating either side or that one is more right than the other. Just that we need to see that our right are important, but so are the rights of those that we disagree with so we need to choose the path of greater good and greater care, in my opinion.
04-08-2020 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT- Corona Virus- Where do we go from here? - BigBlueMonarch - 04-08-2020 02:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.