Crowley's Ridge Tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
RE: Basketball Recruiting Update Thread
(08-10-2020 12:31 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 10:58 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 10:30 AM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
(08-10-2020 02:16 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(08-09-2020 05:25 PM)Crowleys Ridge Tiger Wrote:  I guess a man can dream, what hell else do you have to look forward too. You just keep repeating yourself and you'll say the same 5yr window stats in your next post. Just admit it man...you got the sore ass cause it was pointed out Tubby was lazy and sending him down the road for Penny was best for Memphis. That's why you're mad, it's ok. Memphis will be fine, future looks very bright. I'm done now.

Dude, none of really care about Tubby like that anymore. It's been close to 30 years since he coached at Tulsa. We're just telling you Penny is doo-doo.

He reminds me of a worse Josh Pastner. He can recruit some high level players, but they won't live up to their potential under him.

Tell that to the player of the year in the AAC, freshman of the year Precious Achiuwa. If Wiseman didn't leave the team, Achiuwa would have come in second. You guys had one good year flying under everyone's radar and you're running around puffing your chests. You won't have that luxury this year. Speaking of coaches, You guys have been blasting your coach since he got there. Short memories?

The thing is, Memphis has been riding a wave of recruiting success that was largely centered around them landing Wiseman, who shouldn't have played ball at Memphis due to his financial ties to Penny. If you negate that Wiseman get, then a lot of the recruiting success goes away too. If you don't have Wiseman then Quinones, Achiuwa, etc... likely go somewhere else, and Penny wouldn't have been able to tell kids that he could get them drafted, so you likely don't get Cisse either.

Moreover, even though you DID get a host of 4/5 stars outside of Wiseman, you still underachieved. You literally had five 4-star players surrounding a 5 star player (Precious) and you finished 5th in the conference. That's frigging atrocious. If Haith could ever get a team that talented he would almost certainly win the conference and he might go to the final four. I'm saying that, and I kinda hate Haith.

They finished 6th two games above .500 in conference, basically exactly where they have been for the last six years. Since Tulsa joined they have finished 7th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th. S

We have supposedly flew under the radar for a single year.

Memphis best finish is fifth since Tulsa joined, Tulsa has finished fourth or higher four of the six years including 2nd and 3rd places our first two years, very under the radar.

Lol Memphis

You got it man, obviously Tulsa is a much better program than Memphis.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Ok now I'm really done..no more troll food for you.
08-10-2020 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basketball Recruiting Update Thread - Crowley's Ridge Tiger - 08-10-2020 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.