Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
(02-04-2021 04:04 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I agree with your logic JR but check your math on the instate games:

Texas plays 4 conference games at Home plus the RRR in Dallas annually
They get 1-2 away conference games in Texas by virtue of having TTU/Baylor/TCU
2-3 OOC games are also played at home

Pondering my earlier question about Fox if they can’t get Oklahoma to join the Big 10, I think it’s going to be hard to land the Big 12. Really the best way to get the Big 12 at a good price is to low ball the T1 & T2 stuff then overpay Texas and Oklahoma on the T3 to make up for it and as AllTideUp points out, there’s no good place for Fox to put Oklahoma T3 content.

That makes me think that if Fox can’t get traction with Oklahoma they will focus their energies on the PAC 12 rights to complement the Big 10 package. Fox can buy their T1 & T2 rights and let a streaming service come in and take over the T3 rights from the failed PAC 12 Networks.

Well remember if the Big 10 does land Oklahoma they have no problem monetizing their T3 on the BTN so FOX doesn't need its regionals to handle that.

You are right about the count on Texas but in the Big 12 they have 5 games in Texas and then the away games against Baylor, Texas Tech, and T.C.U. are still "in Texas". So 7 in one year and 8 in another and those don't include having 1 or 2 of their buy games against G5 Texas schools while keeping 1 for a big OOC foe.

If Oklahoma leaves it will be for the cash and stability, and if they are pushing their academic agenda on campus that could favor the Big 10. I don't believe T3 for just the Sooners is a concern for FOX. What AllTideUp was raising however would be a major concern of FOX in pursuing a full contract with the Big 12 when they have no way to monetize their T3 rights with the LHN belonging to ESPN as well as many of the other schools T3 contracts.

If the Big 12 is spared it will be because ESPN goes after all of it. If they don't then I believe movement will be inevitable for Oklahoma. They want to keep pace financially, Oil and Gas revenue is hurting some of their annual contributions, and they will want to make more. Their other priorities might determine where they wind up. If athletic compatibility (baseball / softball) then the SEC, if academic pursuits then the Big 10.
02-04-2021 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024 - JRsec - 02-04-2021 05:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.