Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
schmolik Online
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
(01-14-2021 04:36 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(01-13-2021 08:25 PM)bullet Wrote:  As for out of conference, you have been drinking aggy koolaid.
Some of the future Texas opponents:
2021 Arkansas
2022 Alabama
2023 Alabama
2024 Michigan
2025 Ohio St.
2026 Ohio St.
2027 Michigan
2028 Georgia
2029 Georgia
2030 Florida
2031 Florida
2032 Arizona St.
2033 Arizona St.

I don't really get what your point is.

How many quality games does Texas have in Austin? I'm talking about rivalry games that the fans really show up for? Or games against perennial powers that might not inspire acrimony, but they certainly get the fans fired up? The non-conference games are great, but you can't play a ton of them every single year.

The Oklahoma game is in Dallas where it should be, but the Austin slate is not what they were used to for several years.

When Del Conte was interviewed last year, he certainly seemed to be the more eager to play A&M again. I can understand why because every team coming through Austin...and I'm talking about the conference slate here, the games that make up the bulk of the home schedule...is considered a middle or lower tier brand.

Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and West Virginia

How many of those games fire up the average Texas fan?

And this is exactly why Texas needs to be in a better conference and the networks need to push for it. Tell Texas they'll be paid a lot more if they join a better conference and they won't be getting a lot if they stay with a bunch of "middle or lower tier brand"s.
01-14-2021 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024 - schmolik - 01-14-2021 06:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.