Thread Closed 
****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: ****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread
(11-22-2019 02:25 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(11-22-2019 02:22 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(11-22-2019 02:01 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  He sits down for an interview at the next college. "So coach Wilder, let me get this straight.... you quit the team at ODU..... (yes) ....and this is the program you started from scratch..... (yes) ....and now you want to coach my program? (yes) Do you tell your players to work hard and never quit? (yes) Why would any of my players listen to you when you tell them to never quit?" .............
Next!

LOL. I am not sure if its any different from "Coach Wilder, Did you start a program from scratch and you almost put that program back in the coffin before that program canned you?...yes". Anyways i don't think he will have an easy interview anywhere he goes but he is a good PR piece and he will sell it to them one way or the other.

They went from not having a football team to entry into the CAA and then FBS football while winning a bowl game and having a .500 record (until this year). The program is nowhere near....back in the coffin.

He is apparently a very good FCS coach if he has the best QB in the nation at that level playing for him. If I were an FCS school, I would consider giving him a shot, at least as an assistant coach. I think thats what he's going to have to do though. Take an assistant role at the FCS level and work back up to a FCS HC. I bet it only takes a few years before someone gives him a shot.
11-22-2019 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: ****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread - monarx - 11-22-2019 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.