* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread
GotLabradors Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
RE: ****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread
(11-10-2019 02:25 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 01:23 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  All I’m going to say is that the blame should not be placed on Wood if Wilder is not fired
Selig will (or already has) initiate the process, but it will ultimately be cleared by President Broderick, based on large donor input and buyout cost considerations.

(11-10-2019 01:24 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 09:44 AM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  As I sit here this morning in my room at Spring Hill ironically overlooking the failed monorail, I am chuckling at those maintained that decent QB play was the difference between winning and losing this season.
Well, we have had more than adequate quarterback play the past two games against very poor competition and we still couldn't get it done.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Yep. QB has been improved but not great but we still arent good enough at the skill positions. And our Defense is improved but its not a great defense
A number of posters had opined that decent QB play would make or break our team. It did not, especially against an awful UTSA. We passed for almost 300 yards @9.6 per comp, 60% overall and and one INT. Maybe not great, but certainly not bad by any means
Davis and Strong actually played well, averaging 4.6 and 4.0 respectively on the ground. Washington and the sacks hurt the overall rushing stat.

While not great, our Defense held UTSA to just above their season averag of 19.3 points per game. Ten points the first half and 14 points the second half is not great but should have been manageable.
Wilder's putting the blame on the defense aside, the real stat of the game was our inabilty to score more than 3 points the 2nd half.
I saw where some have said the UTSA made adjustments, and maybe they did. However, our play calling was a head scratcher in the 2nd half.

In the second half, Hayden Wolff went 7/11 for 54 yards @7.7/comp and 64%. Good numbers but with only 11 attempts it shows that we essentially pulled in and starting playing not to lose. Further, we started using Robert Washington, even though Lala and Strong were both playing well. Washington had 4 carries for 5 yards.

For BW to blame the loss on the defense is beyond absurd. We lost that game because we shut down the offense.
This was ALL on the offensive coaching.

Once ODU gets the lead, Scott plays not to lose. I would love to see what this new QB could do with an OC who plays to win.
11-10-2019 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: ****==---Official---==**** Fire Bobby Wilder Thread - GotLabradors - 11-10-2019 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.