eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Rank the CUSA football stadiums
(07-26-2019 10:28 AM)SICemDAWGS! Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 09:54 AM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(07-25-2019 10:46 PM)SICemDAWGS! Wrote:  
(07-25-2019 06:10 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(07-25-2019 03:07 PM)SICemDAWGS! Wrote:  I'm guessing you are referring to the wings on the upper levels?
[Image: Photo-8---Louisiana-Helicam.jpg?1539115505]

Prior to the South End Zone facility expansion they extended on both sides which helped with the proportioning some, but the updates and renovations over the past few years have done a lot to rejuvenate the Joe, now we just need the team to play like a program with the most NFL draftees since 2013 every game instead of saving it for bowl games so the atmosphere in November is the same as it is in September.
[Image: 1-650x430.jpg]

First of all, Tech does not have upper or lower levels. Their stadium is like a bowl, no upper or lower. They put some railings around on each side but never figured out what they were for. Secondly, the reason it is lopsided is because they removed seating from south end of both sides in order to make room to squeeze in the new end zone facility. Look at the ears on the north of both sides, that is what the south side looked like prior to renovations. Removing those two sections reduced seating to 26,850 but they were able to bump that back up to about 27,150 by adding about 300 in the south end zone facility. They lost some "skybox seating" when pressbox was redone but made those losses up by seats available in the suites they added so the 27,150 was maintained. They list the seating somewhat higher but that must be including the berm area around the scoreboard on north end.

Well those railings you don't see the point of may be there for the 8' height difference between the top and lower sections, but what do I know I've only attended all but a handful of home games over the last quarter century.

The stadium has four entrances on each side. Using either one a fan follows the concourse to its opening onto the field. There is a walkway to right or left extending from end to end. The stadium is in a hole so when entering there are rows of seats below that walkway and rows above but no wall or any change in the normal progressing elevation as the aisles start down at field level and extend uninterrupted all the way to the top of the stadium. Where is that 8' height elevation? Maybe those railings are there so lucky fans can find a place to prop their feet.
Apparently I was overestimating the height, it appears to be just over 6' tall, but there is a wall separating the upper and lower sections.
[Image: Joe-Aillet-Stadium-La-Techs-Band-of-Pride.jpg]

Looks like a game of semantics. I felt the comments insinuated there were two or more levels in the STRUCTURE of the stadium which would be incorrect. I agree there is a more or less partition, not part of the stadium permanent structure, that as part of the railings does separate the sections along the walkway. There are no higher or lower levels, just uninterrupted ascending rows of seats from top to bottom.
07-26-2019 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rank the CUSA football stadiums - eager eagle - 07-26-2019 01:05 PM
RE: Rank the CUSA football stadiums - TTT - 07-22-2019, 12:07 AM
Rank the CUSA football stadiums - odu09 - 07-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Rank the CUSA football stadiums - bit_9 - 07-23-2019, 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.