Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
RE: ODU'S NEW STADIUM - COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF
(07-27-2019 09:44 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 10:28 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 10:19 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 10:14 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 09:17 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  We’re playing in the FBS after only ten years. Would welcome your interpretation of that leadership. Coming back from 0-28, that was impressive game day leadership as well.

ODU got into the FBS within 10 years, but have not been able to post consecutive winning seasons, and have an overall losing record in C-USA. You brought back your coach for another season, after he posted back to back losing seasons. Plus ODU was picked to finish 6th in the east this year in the preseason media poll. And, you are finishing the smallest stadium expansion I've ever heard of (2..3K more seats. What is the point of that?). None of that seems like quality leadership to me. It may take ODU quite some time to overtake Marshall based on where they are now, and what they appear to be doing.

And, ODU's comeback was par for the course last season. LA Tech, and UAB were able to do that too. That is a big reason why North Texas has a new/better OC this season. Also, even though Apogee is only about 8 years old, we are preparing to renovate and upgrade some of the stadium. I'll post more information (renderings, project budget, time frame, ...) later this fall when more information is made public.

You may be content with ODU's leadership, but based on some of their decisions, I have my doubts.

Way too long to read. But 0-28 clearly still stings. I enjoyed watching it in person. Time will prove my point - just be patient my friend.

Too long? Okay. Here is the pithy version...

* ODU has a losing record in C-USA
* Wilder has back to back losing seasons
* ODU has been picked to finish 6th in the east
* Adding 2 or 3K seats to your stadium is not much of an expansion

I question ODU's leadership and think Marshall remains a more dominant program.

LA Tech & UAB came back on UNT last year too. We have a new/better OC now.

Hope that isn't too long for you.

Joe, I will give you the bullet points as well. Unlike others i am not taking offense you questioning our leadership frankly how can i, you are located in Tx and you might not know the details of a program in VA.

1. Wilder still being around: Being our one and only coach, longer leash.
2. Pre-season doesn't mean shite.
3. Its a total rebuild not expansion or renovation and limited by State and has to be done in stages so 67.5 MM is all we can afford for stage 1.

You can believe what ever you want to but our leadership is kinda twisted here whether to let go a coach that has brought us here to this point in our 10 year span or put up with a coach who can't recruit at FBS level and win games. In my opinion this is a make or break season for Bobby and honestly he is eating into reserves at this point. Our long season ticket waiting list has vanished and for the first time in our short history we didn't sell out the games last season. So yeah change is around the corner if he doesn't get us results this season, he will be gone because honestly we can't afford fan apathy at our level and the stage of our program.

Thank you for your very honest opinion of where ODU is at heading into this season. I agree with it.

If this season goes south for ODU like the poll is predicting, I think we will learn a lot more about the ODU leadership, and patience of their fan base.
07-27-2019 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODU'S NEW STADIUM - COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF - Side Show Joe - 07-27-2019 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.