Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aresco opens the door for Colorado State
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State
(07-11-2019 03:24 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  
(07-10-2019 06:38 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 04:12 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  The thing is, if you do the same "rivals/travel/tradition" calculation for Texas and Oklahoma---you'll see the Big12 melt down is largely a bulletin board creation. Especially when you calculate in a 50 million dollar exit fee, the Longhorn Network problem, and pay days that wont be all that different. What you might see is some flirting in the mid -2020's to gain some extra concessions from the other B12 members---but I suspect the "The Mid 2020 Realignment Big Bang" is going to probably be a big bust.

I agree that smart scheduling can solve most of the bigger travel issues that might be potential issues with a larger footprint best of the rest type conference.

$50 million?

the exit fee for the Big 12 is actually "an amount equal to the prior two years conference distributions" which by the end of the Big 12 media contracts will be closer to $90 million

and it will be hard for Texas or anyone else to "flirt" considering the Big 12 99 year contract for conference membership has a provision in it that requires a 12 hour notification and WRITTEN DECLINE OF INTEREST of any party contacts or is contacted by a Big 12 member about switching conferences

so there is no using a 3rd party or having Chuck Neinas going around talking to people for you or having one of your alumni talking to alumni of other conferences on your behalf

if you have contract or make contact with anyone about switching conferences you are required to notify the conference within 12 hours and decline the offer in a written statement

otherwise you lose conference voting privileges and can be sanctioned in other ways

and the contract this is in is not a part of the GOR and is not dependent on the GOR being in place or renewed

Ah yes, I've seen that 99-year section of the Big 12 bylaws. If that's valid, I do wonder how well it would stand up in court if challenged. I suspect not well. Plus, would the remaining Big 12 schools really want to make enemies of the departing ones, especially if those departing are OU or UT? There would go any chance of future OOC games against them. I don't see OSU, TT, or TCU pursuing anywhere near the full payout. Baylor maybe -- they're self-destructive enough.
07-11-2019 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State - Nerdlinger - 07-11-2019 05:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.