Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA
Bookmark and Share
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA
(07-09-2019 08:51 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 08:27 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 07:07 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  We have proven to average 28k/game when we were playing with the AAC teams the last time. That is around the average for their conference.

Sorry our fans dont get excited to play ODU. You are our Campbell.

First, a little reponse to your Campbell comment.

Well, your Campbell kicked your arse 38-14 just a few years back -- and we will again in the future.

Second, some more serious thoughts on the topic at hand.

This is from a recent article by Harry Minium.

"ESPN, CBSSports and others predicted that ODU and UAB from Conference USA would be the two major candidates if the AAC decides to replace the Huskies.

Chuck Landon, the columnist from Huntington, W.Va., wrote that if the AAC decides to replace UConn, ODU is the only likely choice, even ahead of Brigham Young and Army."

I can understand if these kinds of comments from the pundits cause you Herd fans some concern and (frankly) some butt-hurt. Hell, we were not even playing football eleven years ago. But, to my knowledge, we Monarchs fans are not the ones pushing ODU into the discussion. We are just reacting to it -- the same way you would if the Landons and Miniums of the C-USA sports world were proclaiming Marshall and USM as the odds-on favorites to replace UConn.

Aresco has made it clear that the AAC is in no hurry to replace UConn. If and when they do make the decision to add another team, I have no clue which team that will be -- and I seriously doubt that anyone else on this forum does either.

In the meantime, your Campbell will be in Huntington on October 12th -- on a Bison hunt. Looking forward to it.

Cheers!
04-cheers

This take should be commended. So often people get way too defensive

I just wish more threads could have rational give and take like this, rather than pulling out attendance sheets, budgets and trite comments about backwoods West Virginia.

Have a little bit of respect for yourself and your conference mates. We're all trying to improve. sometimes it's fun to pick on others, looking at you Charlotte.

Let's have good fun with it, and not take it down the trash can.
Hear hear!
07-09-2019 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA - bit_9 - 07-09-2019 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.