Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA
(06-24-2019 09:37 AM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  Grouping teams based on similar reasons as to why they won't or will be selected for the call up. Certainly no the only reason for each team but a big one in my opinion:

Left behind for the same reason they were left behind the last time. What has changed other than revenue is even less than before:

Marshall, USM

Not selected due to USF and UCF do not want to advance FIU or FAU's progress in the state of FL. Although allowing both in would create some amazing rivalries and great attendance for all schools involved, but USF and UCF want to defend their turf. Similar to USF keeping UCF out of BE until it was absolutely necessary to allow them to join (AAC formerly BE).

FAU, FIU

Endowment is meaningless to a conference. AAC would want to see you use the endowment now and be a power in CUSA. I don't see it.

Rice

I think the TX members of AAC are not overly excited about giving them a call up for similar reasons as FAU and FIU in Florida. I actually think that the TX schools will be going west.

UNT, UTEP, UTSA

To small (enrollment), why would they want multiple teams from Louisiana?

La Tech

Not sure what to say about the rest:

UAB - maybe desirable for the call up; just shows we should have immediately expelled them when they dropped football; they could be in play.
ODU - huge budget; micro-stadium; haven't proven they can win at football which lets be honest AAC is a football conference and they want to improve their premier product.
Charlotte - great facilities, the football stadium could be expanded instantly, I love their stadium been their twice. Like ODU haven't proven they can win yet.

MTSU - WKU - apathetic fanbase in the main sport the AAC is interested in. A problem almost all of have in relation to fan interest

I didn't write this to poop on your school, there are probably a 1,000 reasons for each to get the call, but it only takes one reason not to get the call. I don't see the AAC fill their gap with a call to CUSA. They hold at 11 or go BYU (mistake and I don't think they accept to far away) or Army.

But still something to get worked up over during the summer doldrums.

Good post, a lot to chew on without being completely disrespectful. I wish others had that same tone.

I don't know what the American will value this time. It's obvious they valued academics and market size in their initial configuration. But let's say Houston and UCF decide to leave, or are selected elsewhere. Then everything changes. And I think at that point they're going to need to backfill with some actual competitive brands.

That's when teams like Southern Miss and Marshall will hold value.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 09:45 AM by rileylives.)
06-24-2019 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rank the open AAC Candidates from CUSA - rileylives - 06-24-2019 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.