Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Top 25 and 1 Peseason College Basketball Rankings. Memphis comes in at...
Bookmark and Share
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Top 25 and 1 Peseason College Basketball Rankings. Memphis comes in at...
(07-02-2019 10:18 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 10:02 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 10:03 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 09:35 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 09:32 PM)Stammers Wrote:  Or you are just too dumb to understand the most simple of simple concepts. Results

1 year out of every 3, Coach K doesn't make it out of the first weekend; almost always with much better recruits than anyone else and almost always with home games in the opening weekend of the tournament.

2 out of every 3 seasons, Coach K doesn't make it past the Sweet 16, almost always with much better recruits than anyone else and much better talent than anyone else, and with home games the opening weekend of the tournament.

Meaningless numbers? NCAA Champion and Round of 64 are the same? Losing in the Round of 64 or Round of 32 when you have much more talent than your opponent is meaningless?

I wasn't quoting stats. I was quoting results; the bottom line, having nothing to do with stats. In the last 15 years you can argue that Duke has 9 tournament losses that range from really bad to embarrassing.

#6 loss to #11, Round of 64

#2 loss to #7, Round of 32

#2 loss to #3 by 23 points, Sweet 16

#1 loss to #5 by 16 points, Sweet 16

#2 loss to #15, Round of 64

#2 loss to #1 by 22 points, Elite 8

#3 loss to #14, Round of 64

#4 loss to #1 by 14 points, Sweet 16

#2 loss to #7, Round of 32

Feel free to keep making yourself look as dumb as possible.

You are the guy trying to justify claiming a 2nd year coach is as good or better than one of the best coaches of all time and you say I am making myself look dumb... go figure.

I knew you would make yourself look more dumb instead of letting it go. I have never once said that he is better. That is you not being able to read at the level of a 9 year old saying that.

What I have said very plainly is that it is reasonable to think that we can make the Sweet 16 this year; therefore it is reasonable to think that Penny can match Coach K's results 10 out of the last 15 years.

I hate piling on, but literally nothing you say makes any sense. Nobody, myself included has to justify the statement that Coach K hasn't made it past the Sweet 16, in 10 out of the last 15 seasons. I don't have to prove it, that is what is known as a fact.

Keep going. You're good for a few laughs.

I would love to meet up and have a beer with you next time you are in town. Been inviting you for a beer for years and you never take me up on the offer.

If we reach the sweet 16 that makes Penny as good as or better coach than coach K this year... is what you said... No making the sweet 16 1 season does NOT make someone as good as or a better coach that year. That is asinine.

Why even reply?

He doesn't want to have a conversation, he wants to fight.

The last fights we had were after you said that Henderson wasn't a great running back, and it was stupid to hate UT. Out of all the dumb stuff you say, those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
07-02-2019 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 25 and 1 Peseason College Basketball Rankings. Memphis comes in at... - Stammers - 07-02-2019 08:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.