Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019)
Bookmark and Share
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
RE: College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019)
(03-28-2019 12:27 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 10:49 AM)levydl Wrote:  
(03-28-2019 09:20 AM)RealDeal Wrote:  Love NVE but don't want him to be the coach. Chris Mullin had extensive NBA experience including front office and is much more of a recognizable name than NVE and has had limited success. Ewing has similar NBA assistant experience and has had limited success. If NVE won at their level he's be a downgrade from what we had now.

I know Penny has brought enthusiasm back to Memphis but he was tied into the local fertile recruiting territory; that does not apply to NVE.

Is there anything more Cincinnati than pining away for an old star from the glory days?

That's true at a number of places--- obviously Memphis pined for Penny, Georgetown pined for Patrick Ewing and Michigan alums are well-known for wanting a "Michigan Man" for football.

Heck, if we are being honest one of the reasons why people like Mick so much is because he is from the city and is a UC grad. Had he been from Cleveland I am not sure he would still be the coach here.

As for NVE, I wouldn't discount the fact he is not as well known as Penny or Patrick Ewing. He played in the NBA for 13 years. He is known by AAU and HS basketball coaches all over the country and has contacts. On top of that, he can impress recruits by telling them how he played along side Kobe, Shaq, David Robinson, Tim Duncan etc.

Nothing against hiring a former star as a HC, per se, but the best coaches are usually scrubs from the end of the bench.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 01:30 PM by Former Lurker.)
03-28-2019 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019) - Former Lurker - 03-28-2019 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.