Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019)
Bookmark and Share
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019)
(03-26-2019 12:49 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  
(03-25-2019 01:15 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  Has anyone paid attention to Alabama's recruiting classes lately? I'm talking basketball, not even football. They've been reeling in loads of 4 and 5-star players.

[Image: DSvY8Nc.gif]

It's bizarre, right? Look at Mississippi State as well. I know reliably (Sources) that they are engaging in illegal recruiting. I doubt Mick would play ball at somewhere like Alabama, he just doesn't get involved with that type of recruiting.

Nothing bizarre about it. The Cartel 5 money, which artificially elevated Cartel 5 conf fball has now made its way to bball. It is not just SEC. Northwestern a year or two ago made their first NCAA. VTech is now decent in bball. TBS and espn commentators are now openly asking for a Cartel 5 only trny sans one or two spots. This is the wave of the future in bball as well as fball.

No doubt that cartel money is having a major affect on college basketball. SEC is hiring top basketball coaches in an effort to get better. I think there is something else at play as well.

Look at the FBI investigation into college basketball recruiting/shoe companies. We have Creighton University and TCU assistant coaches popping up on wiretaps discussing payments for kids along with LSU's head coach. DePaul, Louisville, Arizona (XU's former coach), NC State, Oregon, USC. All prominenly featured at the forefront of corruption in college basketball (recruiting).

The top basketball recruits, who are commonly caught up in these payment scandals, are not recruited by UC or don't have UC in their top 5, ever. That's not by accident. I think Mick stays away from the kids that have handlers or whose family expects something in return. Might that be why we've been signing kids ranked 100-300 lately? Maybe, I have no idea. I'm sure we have posters that have better insight on this issue than me as I don't actively follow recruiting.

Recently the NCAA started investigating Kansas basketball recruiting practices, again related to the FBI investigation. https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-programs/

Again, we don't go after top recruits but we are also never mentioned in these scandals. Maybe we aren't willing to do what it takes to recruit elite players?

03-26-2019 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: College Hoops Coaching Carousel (2019) - stpnum4 - 03-26-2019 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.