Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window?
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window?
(03-09-2019 09:28 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(03-08-2019 08:49 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
Quo Vadis Wrote:That said, in a sense this clause was superseded by the Big 12 expansion process of 2016, when they winnowed the candidates down to the final 12, as that represented a more current objective determination of value.

For the hundredth time, this is false. Carry on with your foolish trolling. I frankly don't care if you believe it to be true but I hope no one else is as obtuse.

What part is the false part? I wasn't obsessively tracking the 2016 Big 12 "expansion" dog and pony show (1) but the Big 12 list seems as objective (2) as anything gets in realignment. Did Memphis get snubbed? I mean, it's not my circus or my monkeys, but I enjoy being right and dislike being wrong.

(1) I was pretty darn sure that since there wasn't $30M in value sitting out there for the Big 12 to add in 2012 with Louisville, Rutgers and adding a CCG on the table, there wasn't going to be $40-$50M in value with Louisville gone, Rutgers vaunted NYC access gone and a CCG in the bag. And the Big 12 plan worked, the TV networks coughed up some money to avoid Big 12 expansion

(2) A school's "objective value" ignores that it's value TO WHOM and FOR WHAT. BTN made Rutgers valuable for a brief shining moment. And I tend to buy the theory that Comcast believed that CSN Philadelphia made Temple momentarily valuable)

The whole part I bolded was not true. Its a false media narrative. I won't say more for a number of reasons. Like the old big east, i dont give two hoots in hell about the big 12 other than the money. What the motards at the big 12 put out as misinformation during contract negotions is just that.. Its not personal to me at all. If it were true so be it. Its not. Some simpletons take it as gospel. I laugh at them.
Carry on. Love yah, mean it.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019 12:51 PM by shere khan.)
03-09-2019 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window? - shere khan - 03-09-2019 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.