Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window?
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window?
(02-21-2019 07:39 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(02-21-2019 06:19 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-21-2019 03:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Your the only one that views it that way. UConn football has less football history on the national FBS stage than most any AAC member. Maine is state flagship. So is N Dakota or Delaware. So what?

Basketball is where UConn really has value. Oddly, your infatuation with UConn football value runs almost directly opposite of your view of the "Big East" name when it relates to the AAC. You said the "Big East" brand name had all its value in basketball and was actually a negative for football. UConn is essentially the institutional representation of that same concept.

I have zero infatuation with UConn football, couldn't care less about them, love when we beat their arse.

UConn is just a cut above all the other AAC schools in terms of institutional prestige, save for Tulane. Lose UConn and we lose our flagship conference school. As a USF alum, I don't take any pleasure in admitting it, but to me that's the way it is.

Yes, UConn has built its athletic reputation on basketball, but IMO that has spilled over a little in to all their sports. But as I said, one possible way for the AAC to keep some of that would be for UConn to keep women's hoops in the AAC.

I don’t think it would hurt the AAC at all if UConn left. They are a New England school in a mostly southern conference that is horrible in fb. One of the very worst FBS fb programs who became D-1 less than 20 years ago. Good women’s hoops...but well it ain’t football.

You know, several folks have referenced the AAC as a "southern conference", but that just doesn't resonate with me.

Maybe it's because football-wise, USF joined the Big East, and during the 8 seasons we were in the Big East, USF was an extreme outlier, the *only* southern school in a completely north/northeast conference. We were like a thousand miles removed from everybody.

So i still tend to think of the AAC that way, even though geographically it isn't nearly as true. Perhaps one other reason I think that way is that even though there are several southern schools in the conference, USF and UCF still feel like on an island. There aren't any other AAC schools within 500 miles of us.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2019 08:55 PM by quo vadis.)
02-21-2019 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAC and ESPN Exclusive Negotiating Window? - quo vadis - 02-21-2019 08:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.