Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2)
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2)
(11-02-2018 11:31 PM)Shooters Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 05:42 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 05:06 PM)Shooters Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 03:23 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 03:17 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  He didn't win any big games until that season and it was really the only season where he won any big games.

I "turned" on Pastner after watching him treat Joe so unfairly. The constant coach speak really started bothering me to the point that I stopped listening to the pre-game and post-game shows that I had been listening to my entire life. The Tarik Black issue just widened the gap. Then he started lying and throwing the players under the bus and at that point there was no going back for me.

You along with many others

If you did not know the situation, ask anyone connected with thr program: Joe did not give the effort in practice or have the team’s interest at heart for the longest. Fairly common knowledge.

BS post.

I believe you are the “99% guy” that was extremely unpopular here. At any rate...

Take Joe off the team and Joshie doesn’t go to any ncaa Tournament or win any cusa tournament title.

Joe finished 7th on the all time scoring list, pretty good for a player who didn’t hustle or have the team’s best interests at heart.

I did not address Joe’s talent. Did he work hard at practice? NO. I know it to be fact. I enjoyed watching him play but he wasn’t the leader he could have been with setting an example in practice. CDR did not practice hard. Where are those two now?

What former Tiger players do after their time at Memphis has nothing to do with what they did while they were here. Both CDR and Joe had very successful careers at Memphis. Anyone who says different is stupid. Liking or not liking Joe has zero to with the fact that if you removed him from the team Josh doesn’t go to the ncaa Tournament. The fact that josh couldn’t get along with Joe was Josh’s fault. And I never said Joe was a leader. I simply said he finished 7th on the all time scoring list. Joe most likely would have finished higher than 7th under a different and better coach.

I went to many practices in the 80’s. I very rarely saw Keith Lee working hard. Now what are you going to say? Something ridiculous probably. Are you going to tell me how Josh was great? Are you going to tell me how Josh handled Joe the right way? Are you going to tell me how you know more about basketball and specifically Tiger basketball than me and 99% of everyone in Memphis and this board?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 10:25 AM by Joe1.)
11-03-2018 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Joe1 - 11-03-2018 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.