TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread
(05-07-2022 07:12 AM)No Bull Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 11:07 AM)panama Wrote:  
(05-04-2022 08:13 AM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  
(04-29-2022 09:59 AM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(04-28-2022 08:25 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Mark my words...there will be cost overruns.

Supply chain issues? in Hawai'i? NO WAY!!! 03-drunk

I don’t know where the $400 million figure came from. I’d like it to be true, but according to this morning’s Honolulu newspaper the new biennial budget formally approved yesterday by the Hawaii legislature authorizes only $350 million in bond funding for replacing Aloha Stadium. That’s the same amount approved a couple of years ago, before the pandemic caused the legislature to panic and cut the funding in half.

The governor said a couple of weeks ago that he supports moving ahead with the project, so his approval should be a formality.

Now it’s up to the state’s Department of Accounting and General Services to get the construction RFP out, and then we’ll see what the bidding development teams will commit to build for $350 million. My prediction: due to cost inflation during the two-year delay coupled with no increase to the funding amount, we’ll be lucky to get a 25K seat replacement stadium rather than the 35K originally planned (i.e. just half of Aloha Stadium’s 50K capacity). Hopefully I’m wrong and the winning bidder can do better.
You can get something akin to Orlando's Camping World Stadium for probably $350M. Very much no frills.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

UAB new stadium only cost 175 million. Something along these lines would well for Hawaii and be fine for bowls games etc.

From the article: Lawmakers this week approved $350 million for the new stadium and surrounding development, and another $50 million in operating funds.

Hawaii regulations, supply issues, labor costs, etc...$400M is a start. I predict it'll cost more. However, it is needed and it will be a great bowl destination.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022 08:49 AM by TexanMark.)
05-07-2022 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - TexanMark - 05-07-2022 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.