Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which stadiums have you been to for CFB games? Where would you like to go?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Which stadiums have you been to for CFB games? Where would you like to go?
(01-14-2018 10:07 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 07:37 PM)bullet Wrote:  I would say Bobby Dodd is my least favorite. Its an old stadium that reminds me of the Reds old Crosley Field. You have restricted sightlines in the lower deck due to the supports.

Rice is my favorite. There isn't a bad seat in the house (if you ignore the splinters on some of the bleachers-but they've replaced almost all of those by now).

Fixed. Baby steps and we’ve been behind the curve for years... Still lots of work to do...

(01-11-2018 07:56 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  It's just too bad a team worth anything doesn't play there. Rice hasn't been good since the stadium was more or less brand new.

Just one more reason Rice should actually get serious about athletics or quit. They have all the tools.

Yeah, we’re getting there. We have been good, but we’ve been bad more than we’ve been good, to be sure.

Here’s my list, starting with Rice Stadium, and some of the memorable games and good teams I’ve seen play there.

Actually I’ve been to Astrodome too, but like you I’ve never seen a college football game there. (But when I read your post that you’d been theee but “not for College Football” I figured you had gone to one of the dismal Rice/Houston games there back in the day (I don’t know what those boys are playing out there but it sure don’t look like football)

Bluebonnet Bowl at Rice Stadium (Baylor/Colorado). Most butts in seats I’ve ever seen in the place.

2008 Bayou Bucket: Rice (Clement/Dillard/Casey) beat UH (Keenum) in a division title elimination game. Rice division co-champs.

2013 Rice Tulane. Owls hold Joe Montana’s son to zero first downs through three quarters to win their second West title (eliminating Tulane in so doing -was their final CUSA game)

~1999 Rice/TCU. Owls option attack takes charge in 2Q and defense shuts down LaDanian Tomlinson to win big (42-21 or so)

Rice/Colorado State a Big win over a ranked WAC squad. They had no answer for our ground game.

2006 Rice/SMU Owls clinch first bowl berth in 40 years in wild win over Ponies (still in a 20+ bowl drought at the time themselves) winner earned N.O. Bowl bid.

1983 Rice/Southwest Texas(?). First Owls win I saw in person, we broke nation’s longest active losing streak. Northwestern, you’re in the clock. Tore down the frickin’ goal posts, too.

OTHERS...
Folsom Field (multiple times, CU games)
Kyle Field (we won the 1st Qtr)
Notre Dame (we won the 4th Qtr)
Amon Carter (Rice/TCU plus Armed Forces Rice over AF)
Darryl K Royal/Memorial
Superdome (NO Bowl)
Texans Stadium (Texas Bowl Rice over WMU)
Cotton Bowl (Rice/SMU and SMU/Arkansas)
Ford Field (SMU)

I was at that Rice-SMU game in 2006. That was a great college experience. The players were really excited. Everyone went down on the field. My daughter was on my shoulders high fiving the players saying, "Great game!"

Another memorable Rice Stadium game was the final SWC game in 1995. I've got the cup to prove it. We watched the end of the UT-A&M game on TV and then hustled over to Rice Stadium for the last quarter and a half. Rice let it slip away to UH at the end, 18-17.
01-14-2018 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which stadiums have you been to for CFB games? Where would you like to go? - bullet - 01-14-2018 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.