Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast
Bookmark and Share
ml1323 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast
(12-28-2017 04:28 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  
(12-27-2017 08:53 AM)ml1323 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 11:55 AM)AlexRileySN Wrote:  https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-b...awk-nation

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

Here’s my thing about recruiting, most of this year’s talent is gone at this point, with the exception of JUCO and graduate/regular transfers. Turning this ship around for the men’s is really going to help next cycle’s recruiting, and marginally help us out now. Great job as always guys, you always seem a bit reserved to criticize players but I hear ya letting go a little bit about Kalina this time Alex

I think your outlook on recruiting is a bit narrow minded. Yes, all of the 4 star, 5 star talent is gone, but we're not going to have a legitimate shot at those guys anyway. The amount of talent that goes overlooked in recruiting process is pretty incredible. I mean look at some of the players on this team... Talley, Estime, and Gary were all players that didn't sign with UNCW until very late in their senior year, even in Talley's case late in his Post Grad Year at Fishburne. There is talent out there, but the JUCO and Grad Transfer routes could be helpful. They just don't need to reach for someone like a Kalina and waste another scholarship.

There’s always talent, even as late as June. But with the recruiting process being years at this point, if anyone was on the fence about our program with our new coach they’re likely on the other side with this shaky start, unless we are their highest offer. Why risk it when you have offers from more established coaches?

Agreed on Kalina. It seems bad, but I’d rather have an empty spot than fill it with inferior players. Technically, he only has the scholarship for this year, but he’ll take up space on the roster next year unless our coaches are brutally honest and choose not to renew it or he transfers.

Talley was a similar situation to Gary and Jeffrey; new coach with a new vision. But after the first year of Keatts, how many commits came in from high school after January? Genuinely curious
12-28-2017 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - ml1323 - 12-28-2017 11:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.