Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who wins?
La Tech
Westen KY
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
La Tech vs Western KY Who wins?
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: La Tech vs Western KY Who wins?
(09-17-2017 10:00 AM)HogDawg Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 09:19 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  WKUYG, go back and watch the recording, 2 of the 3 sacks Ferguson just beat the tackle.

Baker was running effectively and Tech couldn't stop him until he got hurt. The coaches shouldn't put him back in the game.

WKU not having Taywon Taylor really hurts because they don't have a WR that can stretch the field.

Tech could have scored at the end if they wanted to, so the missed field goal did not lose the game for them. However the double reverse on second down was a stupid play call and put them in bad spot on third down in the red zone.

It's funny you mentioned the fact that WKU couldn't stretch the field. I think that is true. I never once worried about WKU throwing deep last night. I think that's one of the missing pieces to their offense.

On the other hand, Tech's J'Mar Smith did a really good job of stretching the field most of the night. His 87-yard TD pass to Rhashid Bonnette in the 2nd Qtr and at least two other very deep passes --one dropped by the WR that would have easily been another TD-- served to stretch the defense for Tech. It prevented those WKU DB's from jamming the LOS late in the game when Tech conducted that 91-yd TD drive to pull within 22-20 with 6 min to go.

Dawgxas I know sometimes I might sound crazy but believe me, I'm not. I have zero interest in watching that over....once was enough. Everyone in that stadium (other than Tech fans..they were worried) knew how this turned out with 12 minutes to play and Western's coach decided to run clock instead of a offense that was moving the ball. Baker wasn't beating Tech on the run...he started getting yards because Tech had to play the pass. Once that stopped...ball game, not a freaking injury to a back that gained half of his 79 yards on 4 carries.

Western is not going deep often and it has nothing to do with WR speed. If we do (went twice last night both WR open...drop on one over thrown on the other, three times deep all season) go deep everything is to the side line instead of the middle of the field.

As for Western getting beat deep....

when you are playing 4-2-5 there is zero reason for that to happen over and over and over...scheme causes it. It was also the reason Craft got most of his yards in those last two scoring drives. The middle in a 4-2 is open once you break the line. Western rushed outside and a delay draw or bubble screen works.

Western got out coached.....we have a head coach that thinks it's was a great ideal to turning over complete control to a OC who's first time ever calling a game was this year. This is a quote from him after Western's first game..."I had never did that before. I had to practice calling a game, all summer"

Now mind you we supposedly hired this head coach because our AD thinks he is some kind of offensive genius. He turns over the complete offense to a person that coached wide receivers for 2 years and passing game coordinator for 1 year.... five seasons as wide receivers coach at Eastern Washington.

AS I said Western went from a experience coaching staff to one that 6 out of 8 coached in 1aa or below last year.

Western's DC spent the last 4 years at NC State, where he served as co-special team coordinator. So a A 15-year coaching veteran has made it all the way to co-special team coordinator and it only took him 11 seasons to do that.

EKU went deep on Western as much as Tech....

I would hate to think what would happen to Western this year if the conference was full of pasting QBs, like the last couple. A offense that's averaging 14.5 ppg against two FBS schools that give up a lot of points. And a defense designed for pass coverage...4 dbs and 1 safety that can't stop the deep pass or keep a receiver in front of them.

I would love for this team to make me look like a "the sky is falling, idiot". If it does it's only because this conference has a lot of bad offensive teams. Facing the passing attacks Western faced last year, with this offense....

Western would have been on the receiving end of those 25 point beat downs.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 11:03 AM by WKUYG.)
09-17-2017 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
La Tech vs Western KY Who wins? - MT FAN - 09-11-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: La Tech vs Western KY Who wins? - WKUYG - 09-17-2017 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.