Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who wins?
La Tech
Westen KY
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
La Tech vs Western KY Who wins?
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: La Tech vs Western KY Who wins?
Right now I honestly can't see Western winning this game because not one phase is at where it needs to be. Not even for just the 3rd game of the season. To me this team is still in Spring practice level.

Running game is about as bad as you would expect a high school team playing Bama. Maybe worse. Western put up 6 yards of rushing vs Ill who let Ball St gain 171. It seems like 90% of the runs are off tackle right off tackle left. into a line that has 6 to 8 in the box. Not only that we are handing the ball off 8 yards deep with the RB not starting towards the line till the ball goes in his gut....

vs FCS and a team that gave up 171 rushing yards western has a TOTAL of 106 yards 1.9 a carry

Passing game is not much better....vanilla as it gets and hardly nothing over the middle. Which is odd because EKU and ILL stacked the box and blitz a lot. Yet most of the routes are ran outside and 8 to 10 yards down field. Well other than 4th and 4. Then we run a 3 yard sit-down route.

If Tech plays defense like they have in the other 4 games vs Western. I expect to see Western turnovers and not much offense. Tech's blitzing defense will stop the run and kill the pass. It will do that because as I said...

Western runs mid to deep routes on most plays and very very very little over the middle. Next to nothing from the slot.

Not for a second do I believe Western's defense is going to win this game. Tech's qb will win this game with his arm and legs. Ill is a awful running team. Yet they gained 193 yards. They are even a worse passing team. Ball St held Ill to 71 rushing yards. The same Ball St team gave up 336 yards to UAB

Western will need 100% improvement to win this game.

It's fitting the first home conference game is against Tech. Tech stopped Western's conference winning streak (they were also the last cusa team to beat Western before the streak) and now Tech will most likely stop the below Western streak.

Wou;ld love to be wrong on this but till I see any part of a just a decent "football team" out of Western. I expect a beatdown

WKU hasn't lost a conf home game since Oct 4, 2014, which is the longest streak in all of CFB.
[Image: DJsZL9aXUAA8Lec.jpg][Image: DJsZL9HXoAA-gnV.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 05:35 PM by WKUYG.)
09-14-2017 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
La Tech vs Western KY Who wins? - MT FAN - 09-11-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: La Tech vs Western KY Who wins? - WKUYG - 09-14-2017 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.