stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me??
(08-09-2017 02:18 PM)Nuggets Ghostbuster Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 10:20 AM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 10:09 AM)Eagleholic Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 08:38 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 10:51 PM)Nuggets Ghostbuster Wrote:  If ECU can schedule home and homes with VT and West Virginia, and UCF and USF can schedule home and homes with GT, then USM is perfectly capable of doing the same

ECU, UCF, and USF all have substantially more financial pull than we do. This is an indisputable fact.

Also, UCF and USF are in recruiting hotbeds. So, teams are willing to go play there to get their name out in that area in hopes of getting a few players from South Florida area. That's why some teams are willing to go play at Tulane (New Orleans area recruits) and Rice (Houston area recruits) also. They are marketing their programs in those areas moreso than going to play those teams.

Exactly.

It's why freakin' Charlotte has deals with UNC and Maryland. Teams want to play in large metro areas where 'crootin is good and these schools have large alumni bases.

Financial Pull? Explain how Troy signed a home and home with NC State and Vanderbilt....or Arky St signed a home and home with Iowa State....or Wyoming signed a home and home with Texas Tech and Oregon and Missouri......or Fresno getting a home and home with Minnesota.....or Nevada scheduling a home and home with Purdue....or why Washington St signed a home and home with Utah St....or how App St scheduled a home and home with Miami.....or how Toledo scheduled a home and home with Miami....

if its about marketing and recruiting hot beds, please explain why Miami is going to Jonesboro, AR next month or why Oregon is going to Laramie?

Guys, I can poke holes all day into your excuses but the AD's at the schools mentioned above have figured it out. USM can do the same. We have always been poor. We have historically had the smallest of budgets in Div 1. It has been done before at USM and it can happen again in todays economy. Just look at the schedules above for proof.

100000000000000000% agree!

it's amazing how we once had some semblance of branding (and amazingly, still do) and continue to drop the ball....reminds me of DJ leaving the ground, doing his 180 move, and the ball going the other way.....

I have zero problem with the 2fer1 with msu (would prefer another arrangement, but oh wellzy)........but not going after h/h MEM, ECU, TU or any other mid p5/geo wtfe is beyond my ability to comprehend......

that's just stupid shite.....
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 02:44 PM by stinkfist.)
08-09-2017 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - TTT - 08-08-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: A 2 for 1???? Are you kidding me?? - stinkfist - 08-09-2017 02:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.