Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could the PAC give Texas an ND type deal?
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: Could the PAC give Texas an ND type deal?
(07-07-2017 02:51 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 08:36 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 11:42 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  Then Texas could trick out its home schedule with Notre Dame, Tennessee, Penn State a bunch of other programs who are no longer in it for the standings.

Wait, what?

They are programs where the supporters are showing up for the institution more so than the product at this point.

There was a time when Penn State was an outsider playing in a 50,000 seater with a chip on its shoulder where it was a fight every week for respect in the rankings.

Now it's just a mega huge program that plays decent football against top flight competition. Championship hunger is no longer there. Fans accept the glory days are in the past but show up because the football is a major event.

It's like these classic names that have raised admission standards which give them the effective talent level of a Northwestern. A Top 10 finish becomes a high water mark when the Alabama's and Ohio State's are laser focused on a national title.

Florida State I feel while past it's peak still has that championship hunger to try and sign the nation's top recruiting class. They'll never take a Northwestern mindset to recruiting.

I was mostly with you until the bold. If you think Penn State isn't trying to win a championship then you must not be paying attention. Penn State fought tooth and nail to avoid any penalties in the Jerry Sandusky decision and have been playing handicapped with the sanctions against them but still was above .500 and made bowls once eligible again. They fought like crazy to be in the playoffs last year instead of Ohio State, who PSU beat.

Florida State won a national championship a couple years ago and you say they aren't trying? I wish Penn State and Liberty would accidentally win a couple! I just can't buy Tennessee or Notre Dame not trying either.
07-07-2017 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could the PAC give Texas an ND type deal? - GE and MTS - 07-07-2017 07:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.