BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
(08-02-2017 02:27 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 01:52 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 01:16 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 09:59 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 09:49 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Exactly...as far as reasons for not picking Newport, that one probably takes the cake for stupidest. I completely agree that there are logistical reasons to not do it there, but travel time would be a wash at worst.

I actually think the traffic would be much worse trying to get to Newport than it is into Clifton. Especially with the new exit opening soon.

You'll have people who need to merge from I-71 S to I-471 S (which is one exit) who will likely attempt to exit at the first across the river. That requires 2 lane changes in the length of the bridge across the river. Meanwhile, you'll have people who are coming from Ft. Washington Way to I-471 South who may or may not be needing to exit at that same stop, causing traffic to back up across Ft. Washington Way as well as up I-471 to I-71. Once you get off the exit, getting across Newport is a disaster already.

I've seen this back up quite a few times during rush hour and it can get pretty nasty. This is not taking in account people coming from the South or Covington either. There are a lot of more inlets into Clifton than this.

^This. 471 southbound merge is a freaking nightmare at certain times of the day, especially if someone wrecks or breaks down on the bridge. And there aren't exactly a. Inch of side streets you can turn down to get around it since you need to cross water

That Interchange is one of the poorest designs I have ever seen, but that's what happens when you decide to build a spur road on top of a confluence pattern.. With that being said, there are a few simpler solutions to getting over there without touching 471...namely, using the Gilbert exit then getting to Broadway to cross the T-S Bridge or jumping onto 3rd then crossing over the Roebling. As someone who commuted between Mason and Covington for 5 years, that route is smooth as silk since there is very little community traffic there after about 6:30pm.

Sounds like an option if you know about it for weekend games. Might not be the solution for weeknight games at 7 if you want to be there for the start.

My commute was only on weekdays and I never had a single issue...even with them tearing up 3rd for the better part of two years there. The truth is, when you're adding 30,000 cars to a traffic pattern it will drastically effect traffic regardless of where you're trying to put in.

08-02-2017 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 08-02-2017 02:58 PM
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.