CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 02-23-2017 11:26 PM

Saw what has been done to Nippert. It looks totally bastardized.

Eight rows in each corner carved out and the front row of entire field.

It was obvious Bohn was getting pushback about the defilement as he tried to say the corner mods benefitted player safety. Then he asked how many rows folks thought had been removed. He ignored the response of "TOO MANY".

If it was player safety I suspect it would have happened at an earlier rebuild. Has there been any player injured?

Bottom line the changes remind me of the person that adds an aluminum patio cover to an otherwise beautiful classic home. It may be utilitarian but it is UGLY.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 02-24-2017 12:37 AM

So, is it safe to say the big dollar UC donors were less than happy with the FCC reconfiguration of Nippert? That "safety issue" has been an alternative fact from the get go. Anybody unhappy enough to withhold support? I am, but my contribution alone would hardly be missed.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 02-24-2017 12:52 AM

(02-24-2017 12:37 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  So, is it safe to say the big dollar UC donors were less than happy with the FCC reconfiguration of Nippert? That "safety issue" has been an alternative fact from the get go. Anybody unhappy enough to withhold support? I am, but my contribution alone would hardly be missed.

The several I talked to were not happy but none said they would quit.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 02-24-2017 05:33 AM

I saw it last week prior to the Tulsa game. What they have done looks very professional of course - it's not done cheaply. But I just think it looks odd.

The football field is going to look small in that huge expanse of open space.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 02-24-2017 06:34 AM

It's very odd looking. Somehow makes the entire stadium look much smaller.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 06:58 AM

Well folks we are in the G4 and our tv contract is peanuts. If you want things like good coaches, renovated arenas, etc, you find alternate sources of revenue. If UC was in the ACC they would have told this soccer club to pound salt, but we're not so we make concessions like this.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bcatbog - 02-24-2017 07:02 AM

(02-24-2017 06:58 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Well folks we are in the G4 and our tv contract is peanuts. If you want things like good coaches, renovated arenas, etc, you find alternate sources of revenue. If UC was in the ACC they would have told this soccer club to pound salt, but we're not so we make concessions like this.

Yeah - but it is not yet clear to me what we are getting for this.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-24-2017 07:07 AM

Saw it not too terribly long ago. Definitely different. Not horrible. Will be interesting to see how they implement the replacement seating.

Luckily, thanks to the added income (per Bohn) we are getting the fancy video board, sound system, and ribbon boards for this upcoming season. Something Nippert has been clamoring for for ages.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - jarr - 02-24-2017 07:12 AM

I'm sure the spin doctors will be out on this, but Nipper is basically the coolest, most unique thing about our football program, and we sell it out like cheap whore to soccer hipster millenials.

The best part about Nippert is that even though we have a much smaller capacity than places like Ohio Stadium, for a big game it can get just as loud and it feels like the fans are ptactically on the field. Now we are going to have a miniature version of Paul Brown Stadium.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:16 AM

I have not seen this in person yet. But can it be THAT bad?!?!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 02-24-2017 07:19 AM

It would look fine if it wasn't also a football field. We will see what they do on game days but sitting like it is now it makes the south end zone look like it's a Patriot League stadium.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:20 AM

(02-24-2017 07:19 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It would look fine if it wasn't also a football field. We will see what they do on game days but sitting like it is now it makes the south end zone look like it's a Patriot League stadium.

are there any renderings of what they propose to do on game days?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 02-24-2017 07:21 AM

Think there were some with temporary seating in those gaps.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:22 AM

I understand everyone's frustration. The big picture is, we allowed a MINOR LEAGUE soccer team to come into our football stadium and yank seats out. Big Picture: it's mickey mouse.

But again, if its a revenue stream and we get things like a new score board/sound system, etc. we aren't in a position to be overly choosy right now.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 02-24-2017 07:24 AM

Are we really going to refight this battle?

It's done. Get over it or not, but it's done.

Move on, already.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - uccheese - 02-24-2017 07:29 AM

(02-24-2017 07:22 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I understand everyone's frustration. The big picture is, we allowed a MINOR LEAGUE soccer team to come into our football stadium and yank seats out. Big Picture: it's mickey mouse.

But again, if its a revenue stream and we get things like a new score board/sound system, etc. we aren't in a position to be overly choosy right now.

Just speaking for myself, I preferred poor sound and the seats in tact. I've seen it also and it looks pretty stupid at least right now.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 02-24-2017 07:29 AM

(02-24-2017 07:24 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Are we really going to refight this battle?

Move on, already.

I have not yet seen it so I cannot comment; however, it is not unreasonable for folks to reflect their first impressions of the finished product.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:34 AM

(02-24-2017 07:24 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Are we really going to refight this battle?

Move on, already.

who's fighting? A discussion is going on between those that have seen the finished product and those of us who have not.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 02-24-2017 07:34 AM

Move on, already.

You sound a little like Bobby Knight. Might as well lay back and enjoy it, right?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 02-24-2017 07:38 AM

I can't wait to rape that place this summer.