djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
(08-02-2017 09:49 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 09:45 AM)Saint Martin Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 09:22 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 04:35 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 01:39 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Don't forget, also, that the T-S Bridge has congestion throttling, meaning they can adjust the flow of traffic depending on the time of day from 2 lanes in each direction to 4 lanes in or four lanes out. As far as traffic and congestion goes, it would be no more difficult that Nippert is to be honest...and much easier than their Taft HS plan.

The problem with the Ovation site is that it's pinned in on two sides, the north by the Ohio River, and on the west by the Licking. This site is served by one Road to the south, which is two lanes in each direction.

The two closest exit points are the Taylor Southgate to the north, and a two lane bridge over the Licking that dumps into a residential neighborhood.

The Levee is both a blessing and a curse. There's parking but that garage sucks, and it's already mostly full on the weekends. There is no straight shot to 471 and to get to it one must jaunt through The Levee, which is a bottleneck, and will be moreso on game days because the Taylor Southgate will dump traffic between the two venues.

I-75 requires a drive through Covington, much of which is residential.

Of all the sites, I think it's a toss up between Oakley and the West End.

Oakley is already in a commercial area, right next to 71 and the lateral. Madison Road is designed for heavy traffic.

The West End is close enough to Downtown and OTR. The streetcar would be used, just like it is heavily used for Reds and Bengals games.

Oakley and the West End get bonus points because they are actually in Cincinnati as opposed to being located in Kentucky. Move the team to Newport and the name should be KFC.

The Newport site makes it all the more difficult for fans from the Northern club soccer crazy suburbs of Fairfield, West Chester, Mason, Blue Ash, Montgomery, Loveland, etc. to get to games.

Move it to Newport and Berding/Lindner better hope there are tons of soccer fans in Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Kenton, Pendleton and Walton Verona to make up for the loss of the Northern Cincinnati suburbs.

How exactly would it be more difficult, when it would take less time for them to get to Newport than Clifton? Staying on I-71 for 3 miles to get to Newport rather than having to drive down Taft would actually be a time saver, and the parking situation would be equal, if not better, than the campus area.

I want them to stay in Nippert as much as the next guy, but completely disagree with the argument above.

Exactly...as far as reasons for not picking Newport, that one probably takes the cake for stupidest. I completely agree that there are logistical reasons to not do it there, but travel time would be a wash at worst.

I actually think the traffic would be much worse trying to get to Newport than it is into Clifton. Especially with the new exit opening soon.

You'll have people who need to merge from I-71 S to I-471 S (which is one exit) who will likely attempt to exit at the first across the river. That requires 2 lane changes in the length of the bridge across the river. Meanwhile, you'll have people who are coming from Ft. Washington Way to I-471 South who may or may not be needing to exit at that same stop, causing traffic to back up across Ft. Washington Way as well as up I-471 to I-71. Once you get off the exit, getting across Newport is a disaster already.

I've seen this back up quite a few times during rush hour and it can get pretty nasty. This is not taking in account people coming from the South or Covington either. There are a lot of more inlets into Clifton than this.

08-02-2017 09:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - djtothemoney - 08-02-2017 09:59 AM
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.