Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
Bookmark and Share
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight
(07-28-2017 01:21 PM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  a point of clarification...

there are teams in MLS that draw more than Nippert can hold.. Atlanta and Seattle are both averaging over 42k per game..

I also didn't read this as a slam at UC, but more a "here are the MLS demands" and Nippert doesn't meet those.. He has MULTIPLE times said he wishes they could stay at Nippert bc he thinks its a great stadium and environment, but ultimately the MLS says it doesn't meet their requirements so he knows this argument is a non-starter at this point.

In an ideal world, FCC announced as MLS team for 2020, play in Nippert for 3 more years while new site is selected and built.

Also I think it's a huge mistake if Portune allows the stadium to walk across the river for approx 100 mil dollars in public funding.. Which is less than half the street car loop, and far less when compared to those disaster stadium deals.

If the purse strings were really that tight, the priority projects from the last few years would have been skipped, this simply seems(to me) like a direct response to the hatred for the stadium deals previously negotiated, which this is far different(FCC footing 60% of bill to get the ball rolling with MLS), and $100 mil is cheaper than some of our other pet projects they had no issue passing.

I get people don't like spending public money on projects for private industry, I really do.. but to compare this one to some of the other crap this city has approved no question, is laughable and simply a false stance that Portune is doing to posture that he "stood up to waste"..

Atlanta and Seattle are much bigger markets than Cincinnati. If Cincinnati does get an MLS franchise I would expect the big bump in ticket prices will cut attendance down some.

Also, the idea of paying $100 million in public money to help a family worth over a billion to advance their vanity project is a nonstarter for most people in the area. They can afford it with plenty of cash to spare. If they can sucker Kentucky into it, more power to them.

07-28-2017 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 07-28-2017 01:57 PM
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.