Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC
(01-28-2017 03:26 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(01-28-2017 01:05 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  1. Wichita St will be adding FCS football so that by 2020 the MVFC will be at 12 schools. (most likely scenario)

2. The Summit will add UNC as a full member, giving the conference 6 football schools and the Summit will be sponsoring football (W. Ill. is a football playing school that is a member of the Summit). The MVFC will still have 6 members ( keeping the auto-bid.)

As much as I'd prefer #2, I think #1 would be more likely.

But in terms of absolute probability, neither are likely because I don't think the MVFC would agree to have Wichita football unless it signed a long-ish (5 years?) agreement not to leave.

(01-28-2017 01:10 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Sac State would force the issue - the one sport the BW wants nothing to do with.

Pure bunk, in support of your one-man agenda.

Three teams sponsoring football forces nothing. Eight teams would be the minimum for realistically starting Big West FCS football conf.

Next you're going to tell me you're worried Hawaii will force the issue on football.

Oh, of course I never seeing you mention this as being a problem for NM St joining!

(01-28-2017 01:10 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  3. MVFC is essentially just a football scheduling alliance and the schools worked together to help out stabilize the Summit League for all sports.

Anyone else smell that?

It's fear.

Fear from the historical MVC schools with FCS football that are as stagnate as a mucky pond, while the Summit League schools (mainly the Dakotas) soar fast and high above them.

(01-28-2017 01:23 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  schools currently on the outside of FBS who want to meet the requirements and use the plain language of existing rules to do so would have a powerful case to make

This would be a very smug opinion to hold as the legal counsel for said schools. The letter of the law really doesn't mean much absent an understanding of the context in which it was ratified.

(01-28-2017 02:11 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  The Summit adding Northern Colorado would give them 11 members. Would the Summit readmit UMKC? Add another full member who plays football like Lindenwood, Central Oklahoma, or Eastern Illinois? Or perhaps a non-football member like SIUe or Little Rock?

Assuming EIU, SIUE and Little Rock are off the table, which I think are all most likely true, then adding UMKC would be a smart play.

I don't like Oral Roberts and want them out of the conference eventually, so I would prefer not to add schools like Lindenwood or Central Oklahoma.

Hmm...With Seattle's coach hinting at another addition, I wonder if Oral Roberts would like to join the WAC? That could give 10 members with UNC and 10 for the WAC (until NMSU decides to move).
If say WSU decides not to offer football due to not being added to the MW or AAC, UNC could round out to 12 for the MVFC.
01-28-2017 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC - MWC Tex - 01-28-2017 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.