ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018
(04-27-2018 09:45 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 07:40 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 07:17 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 06:51 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 06:19 PM)mionarx Wrote:  I wouldn’t call it a “damn good” season unless it ends with at least an NIT bid. Last year was good, but not great and not good enough to meet expectations. I’d give it a B, maybe a B-. NCAA or a new coach in 2019.

We were an NIT caliber team. Certainly better than several NIT teams. Not only KenPom, but We were what.....a hair below WKY and they made some teams looks silly (on the road) in the tourney.

And FWIW, without looking, what was last year; one of the top 5-7 teams we,ve had in the last 25 years?

It was the second best team JJ has had. BT had four or five that were better. Capel had two or three that were better, and Ollie had a couple. Last years team wasn’t an NIT caliber team or they would have been in. They were close. We don’t call the Freeman team an NCAA caliber team.

Disagree the Freeman team wasn’t dance caliber. The team that went to the NIT was tight! I still relish the beat down they put on vcu in the Ted.

Unfortunately, being in CUSA, we do not have the luxury of affording JJ's patented midseason slumps. The team had a lot of potential and won some pretty big games OOC at home, but they were unable to sustain that level of play, perform well on the road, or bring it back when it counted. NCAA calibur teams these days don't lose to UTSA on the road (and they were awful that year). Maybe could have gotten away with it under the committees in Blaine's era, but nowadays, there is no room for that.

I think it is not easy to play in CUSA, and the road losses were a reflection of travel fatigue. But the wins (and winning streak at the Ted) that year were exceptional and Freeman was phenomenal. That was most definitely a team worthy of the “dance.” It doesn’t, and won’t, get much better than that year.
04-27-2018 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - ODUDJ96 - 04-27-2018 09:33 PM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - odu09 - 05-17-2018, 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.