monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018
(04-25-2018 01:56 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 01:28 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 12:45 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 12:09 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 11:53 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  Doesnt mean a damn thing now though does it? We're still going to get our asses kicked in. Yeah we've heard hes a cheater but until he gets busted for it, it really doesnt amount to a hill of beans.

...and we currently live in the world of "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'". This is college basketball. People can whine about it all they want, but pretty much every team that is any good is cheating to some degree at this point.

At the end of the day its not like hes got a bunch of 30 year olds playing for him. What the hell is it going to matter 4 or 5 years down the line when our players have graduated and are awarded vacated wins? Vacated wins dont mean a damn thing to anyone.

Like Jalen Rose said, they can take our banners down, but at the end of the day we knew who the best team was regardless of vacated wins.

I could care less what a frickin cheater says about banners. That self important jerk wouldn’t have had a banner in the first place without cheating. Screw him. He was bought and paid for.

I care about my schools reputation. You guys can dismiss criminal activity all you want. I would ashamed of my alma mater acting in that way. Character counts.

Its a good thing you went to ODU then, because you would be pretty ashamed if you went to most D1 scools.

It is one thing to be all high and mighty, it is another to refuse to play by the same rules that literally all of your competition are playing by, and pretend that makes you better. You know what, nobody cares that ODU is not cheating. In fact, because of the company we keep (D1 college basketball playing schools), everyone already assumes we are cheating. The fault lies with the NCAA. If they set some rules that they intend to enforce, then by all means follow them. If they decide that college basketball is just going to be the wild west and they are not going to enforce any rules, then I say their are no rules, so do what you have to do to compete.

There is some truth to this. Is it cheating if everyone else is doing it, or is it playing by the same rules? Especially when the NCAA doesn't seem to care. Is it breaking the law to drive 5mph over the speed limit? I guess technically so, but everyone else does it, and the cops don't enforce it.
04-25-2018 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - monarx - 04-25-2018 04:32 PM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - odu09 - 05-17-2018, 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.