Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
(04-08-2016 06:10 PM)Justanodufan Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:40 AM)757ODU Wrote:  

Unfortunately I do not. I know it's coming very soon. If I tell you that Gerard Simpkins is a non qualifier and the player is a local high school scoring guard you should be able to figure out who I am talking about. I cannot tell you exactly who it is because someone has trusted me with this information and I know a lot of people are anxious but I have given you enough information to narrow it down.

(04-08-2016 07:45 AM)757ODU Wrote:  So...I made the call this morning and Gerard Simpkins was the commitment. There have been some hold ups with his eligibility and he is headed to a juco (Bryant & Stratton). There was word straight from his mouth saying that he has committed to ODU. The theory behind it is that he heads to Bryant & Stratton for a year and then comes to ODU after. Not sure what to make out of all of this but the commitment was there and there was the thought that they could get him into the school. Obviously it fell through and that is why we didn't hear anything.

I do believe the idead that he could be coming to ODU after B&S because this kid could go to any JUCO and play at a very high level. We will see what transpires with all of this but that is all the news I have at this point.

This makes no sense. If Simpkins is a non qualifier, his plan makes no sense. Which IMO means that ODU never offered him, he might have committed, but it doesn't look like he was offered
[/quote]

Gerard was a non-qualifier, then they thought he qualified and they had a way for him to enroll, so he commits. Then they find out there are in fact other issues and he is still a non-qualifier, so can't enroll. All of this happens before the commitment hits the press. Not too hard to believe.
04-08-2016 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - monarx - 04-08-2016 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.