Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
(10-02-2018 10:28 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 09:42 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Someone talk to me about this Chris Stapleton guy and any of the bands he performs with.

I've been catching his stuff on the Lost In Vegas reaction channel on youtube and unless they have managed to pick 4 of his best works the brother got some talent and has a cool blues, country, southern rock feel to his music. I am finding myself having to seek out some of his cds... cause I dig it.

I was a little late to the party on this guy too amigo. Had heard some of his stuff but saw him at Bonnaroo with my youngest son a couple years ago and he’d already hit big then.

Pretty sure he started out as a writer for others and then played in a band before striking out on his own. I haven’t wikied him though. His songwriting is stout as hell.

He’s a Kentucky boy I’m pretty sure. Same as Sturgill Simpson. You need to dig into some Sturgill as well. These are guys that made it without the Nashville Machine behind them. Maybe Chris had more Nashville hookup being a writer. I don’t really know. But Sturgill was totally outside the lines and he made it big too.

There’s a ton of good country out there. And this is country. Not that F’in Nashville country/pop Budweiser, pickup truck, girl in shorts bullllshitt.

Texas has a bunch of guys too. Try Cody Jinks and Ryan Bingham and Paul Cauthen. I love those guys.

I know this song hits the traditional country tropes but I almost stop what I’m doing when this one comes up on the dahbeed playlist.

Funny you mention Sturgill. He's been done about 2-3 times by them as well. The three songs they have done have been hit and miss for my tastes. I won't go bad as I am admittedly not the biggest guy on country music so it would be unfair for me to judge it that way... I just haven't really gotten overly into the 2-3 songs presented to me of his I have heard.
10-02-2018 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - PirateTreasureNC - 10-02-2018 10:34 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.