UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PLOT TWIST!!! SBR: Graeme McDowell & LIV golf tour
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
RE: Graeme McDowell & LIV golf tour
The wife and I are through the first 2 episodes of Full Swing and love it.

Been reading this thread, and honestly all the pearl-clutching about LIV humors me. I honestly don't have much interest in LIV, because I don't think it has or will ever have what the PGA tour has. A bunch of really good golfers in big time tournaments with a lot of drama. LIV has mostly a bunch of has-beens and never-weres, playing tournaments you never heard of because they didn't exist 2 years ago. The only thing on the line is money. A lot of money. But that just isn't going to generate interest.

That being said: all this "blood money" talk... Come on. I know I'm repeating what someone already said earlier, but the Saudis pale in comparison to what the Chinese Communist Party are doing. For as much as people throw around comparisons to certain historical people, parties and practices- the CCP is the closest to fitting the bill. Yes, it's terrible that some journalist was murdered and dismembered on the command of the Saudi government (a journalist most had likely never heard of before he was killed...). But the CCP has people stuffed into concentration camps. Literally, not figuratively. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of them. The ones not dying are being used as slave labor to build the iPhone components people are using to type on this forum. They own the cobalt mines in Africa where what is essentially slave labor is digging out the minerals that go into your Tesla. And yet nobody blinks an eye when the NBA, which is sacrosanct and immune from criticism, scrapes as much money in from them, while silencing anyone who dares speak out. And we all buy our iPhones, and our Teslas, and everything else churning out of a country of slaves, never batting and eye. And then excoriate Graeme McDowell, or Phil Mickelson, or some other golfer for taking "Blood Money." (And I won't even get into how much Saudi, and other Gulf region "blood money," is tied up in sponsorships both direct and indirect, based on the fact they're invested in everything, that exists...ON THE PGA TOUR!!!)

Bottom line, people need to quit being naïve and get off the high horse. This is the real world you live in.
02-20-2023 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graeme McDowell & LIV golf tour - BatesUAB - 02-20-2023 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.