Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

...would the Big XII be wise to offer SMU now?
AztecNation Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Aztecs
RE: ...would the Big XII be wise to offer SMU now?
(01-22-2023 05:11 PM)Sactowndog Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 08:11 PM)johnintx Wrote:  
(01-21-2023 07:07 PM)World Wide Swag Wrote:  If the Big 12 wanted to make a pre-emptive strike on the Pac, they would take SDSU. I love SMU, but we don't add much that they don't already have.

This. The more I read, the more value I see in SDSU. San Diego County has more than 3 million people. San Diego is the #28 DMA. There is one major league professional franchise there, and it's not a football team. SDSU is an academic fit in the Big 12.

Yormark talks about the fourth time zone, and SDSU is the way to get it. The B12 should strike while the Pac is trying to figure out what it wants to be after USC/UCLA are gone.

By doing this, the B12 becomes a coast-to-coast conference, and locks the Pac out of SoCal.

SMU would be fine in the B12, but the B12 doesn't need them. TCU and Baylor would block them, regardless.

The Big 12 would be even smarter to add Fresno.
1) better football
2) culturally and historically aligned. The valley isn’t derided as greater Oklahoma for a reason.
3) more people in the SJV than in the state of Oklahoma 4.2M versus 4.0M
4) population is already disinclined to support the coastal elites.
5) large support for wrestling and equestrian both big 12 sports

SDSU isn’t bad but for the Big12 Fresno is better.

No offense but why would you think that even registers on the Big12 expansion radar?

All that really matters is $$$, will or can Fresno make the Big12 schools more money.
01-22-2023 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ...would the Big XII be wise to offer SMU now? - AztecNation - 01-22-2023 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.