Bookmark and Share
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
RE: O.C.S. is unnecessary and is not the reason that we were not
(09-25-2021 08:32 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 08:29 AM)BandwagonJumper Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 08:23 AM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 11:42 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  #2 on everyone's list only behind cindy.

I stated multiple times why we were not #2 on everybody's list only behind Cindy--and was demonized for it. I suggested BEFORE the 4 were chosen why we probably would be left out. Funny thing though- when we were left out --a week after I suggested the reason why we would be left out--Geoff Calkins suggested the same reason why we were left out

MEMPHIS MEMORIAL STADIUM is not the reason why we were not picked and will have no bearing one way or the other the next go round

A lack of O.C.S. is not the reason we were not chosen last time and will have no bearing one way or the other the next go round

I will say this if we do choose to build O.C.S. --it should not be a Mickey Mouse small stadium ala 40k. It better be 55k plus--because if we do get in a power 5 we will need the seats----people suggesting 40/45k are just plain wrong----why does MEMPHIS always sell itself short----and why should we ever make it hard for our fans to get tickets to the games----MORE SEATS MEANS MORE FANS AT GAMES

If the BIG12 add 2 more --I think we MIGHT/MAY have a shot----don't limit the number of fans that can go to the games

If I bet on a football game today based on gut feeling and win, it would mean I got lucky. It doesn’t mean I knew squat. I would have no problem admitting that.

This discussion is not solely based on getting into the Big12. That could be one of many benefits.

An extra 20,000 fans aren’t going to come out of the woodwork to see us play Texas Tech. I agree with Alanda. 45k MAX to start. Build up demand and sell more season tickets by eliminating the walk-up day-of-the-game mentality. Expand when/IF we know the demand is there. We don’t need loads of additional inventory until we’re sure we can sell it. Empty seats aren’t a good look. Kroger doesn’t keep gobs of useless inventory on hand just in case they have that rare snow-day sellout.

Yep, 45k with unfinished attic.

It’s sad the majority of Memphis alumni never step foot back on campus after graduation.

What's really sad is the majority of alums never attend the football games or contribute a dime towards the improvement of their university. That's exactly why it took 10 years to build the IPF. It is what it is and it's why we will continue to play in the LB, which I'm fine with if we make some improvements.

I wouldn’t think the majority of most school’s alumni do. There aren’t any stadiums that big. Make it a campus event and perhaps more would attend. Get them back on campus and perhaps more would donate. They’d be able to see what their dollars are paying for. Games at a rented off-campus venue accomplish none of that. It’s nothing more than a detached place to go watch/play the game. Then everyone goes home.
09-25-2021 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: O.C.S. is unnecessary and is not the reason that we were not - Browning Hall - 09-25-2021 08:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.