Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
RE: Houston Chronicle: Texas & OU Talking with SEC
(07-23-2021 12:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-23-2021 11:56 AM)Mav Wrote:  
(07-23-2021 10:46 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-23-2021 09:58 AM)10thMountain Wrote:  
(07-23-2021 09:43 AM)dawgonit Wrote:  Texas A&M must be fuming. It must almost feel like getting cheated on. Their new partner talking it up with their ex behind their back.

Not really

This is how the UT snake media works. They take a true statement then twist it to make themselves look powerful and others look weak

In this case, I guarantee you that Sankey told NONE of the member schools about the negotiations which makes sense with something this big until it’s ready to be presented

But UT media twists that to imply everyone but A&M was in on it because UT is so valuable that no input from A&M was required

They make themselves look powerful while trying to create distrust between A&M and the other SEC members because they know we are working on getting a coalition of 2 more no votes along with ourselves and Mizzou

You see how they work?

Just one of many reasons why SEC would be fools to accept the conference killing cancer into its home

Typical Aggie paranoia
Nah, shet like that caused the Big 12 to break up the first time. If it was just A&M saying these things it'd be one thing, but anyone that's paid more than a little attention to Texas and isn't looking at the program with homer goggles knows how they operate.
A&M and some of you are barking up the wrong tree this time. This has ESPN/Disney written all over it.

Who was it that used Dodds in 2010 to try to snake the best B12 product away from FOX before GOR's? Who was it that tethered the cow with the cash drain LHN? Who was it that encouraged the partial deal with ND and the ACC? Who was it that required the SEC to add 2 "new" markets to its footprint to destabilize the B12 so UT and OU would move to ESPN in 2012?

The master crafter here is behind the scenes pulling strings.

Texas and the SEC didn't dream this up. ESPN has wanted full control of Texas and Oklahoma's product for a long time and the new SEC contract was the way to get it. As to A&M being in the dark I call hooey. For talks and action to get this far all presidents knew.

I also strongly suspect that if Vandy drops out due to cost rise in athletics or need of space for research that Tech may yet come into play and if Missouri is committed maybe Kansas since ESPN has interest in them as well. But we are still a year or two away from any of that.

This is an ESPN coup of 45% or more of FOX interest in UT and OU.

I'm still amazed that so many think it is the school or conferences doing this when money is the motivator and networks hold the purse strings. This is corporate for profit business and conferences and teams are pieces on the chess board. I'll call this one the Bevo gambit!

I suspect ESPN also looks at it that they can flip and shuffle any of their soon to be 31.5 properties as it benefits them most.
07-23-2021 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Houston Chronicle: Texas & OU Talking with SEC - Statefan - 07-23-2021 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.