Bookmark and Share
TGTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
RE: Top 20 "Group Of 5" College Towns With The Best/Worst Food Scene
(07-20-2021 08:59 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 09:09 PM)TGTiger Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 01:05 PM)SouthernMSTiger Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 11:33 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  Memphis over New Orleans? I don't think so.

I was just about to post this. Having just come back last night from eating my way through New Orleans for the past 8 days, it's quite difficult to imagine any city topping it. And that's certainly not to disparage Memphis BBQ, which is the absolute best in my book.

New Orleans is a better overall food scene (I’ve done food trips there more times than I can count and not just Cajun/creole), but if you think Memphis is just “bbq” you need to get out more.

There’s more good food on summer avenue than most cities have in entire areas. There’s a reason Memphis is Alton Brown’s favorite food city.

Agree that we've got much more than BBQ. Visitors come to spend a week and they just rave about the food. I have family that just moved to town, and they can't believe all the different quality choices other than BBQ.

I do need some new Summer Ave recommendations for lunch, now that I'm back in the office. My rotation of Elwoods, Central BBQ, Tops needs 1-2 more options...

Summer is full of hidden gems. It’s the best food street in the city.

Jerusalem cafe next to Charlie’s is great. The taco place that is now in a parking lot on the south facing side of summer (can’t remember the name) is incredible and stays busy. Edit: just remembered it’s Tacos nganas

Lotus is good Vietnamese but be prepared to wait for your food.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2021 11:28 AM by TGTiger.)
07-20-2021 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 20 "Group Of 5" College Towns With The Best/Worst Food Scene - TGTiger - 07-20-2021 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.